Sell as is or tidy up old terrace ready for reno

We have a small terrace in a Sydney hotspot we want to sell to use the funds more productively. The problem is that is has been left to go to ruin (the buck stops here irregardless). Its still solid but would only be a renovation/extension option.
A couple of terraces further up the block are in the middle of the upgrade extension and are looking good.
Should we spend a little to splash some paint around and 'homey' it up just a bit to get back that cottage vibe it had, or just sell as is in its derelict state ?

For the types of buyer who would approach this project, are there other/better avenues than Real Estate Agents to get it sold sooner rather than later ?
Cheers & thanks.

Despite you qualms - best bet is to talk to a couple of local real estate agents as to their view.

Strangely enough, often untouched houses get a better price than one's that have had a "bit of paint" splashed around

...Should we spend a little to splash some paint around and 'homey' it up just a bit to get back that cottage vibe it had, or just sell as is in its derelict state ?...

I would definitely consider speaking to the 3 best sales agents for the suburb/locality for their opinion. They would know best what suits currently.

Cosmetic cleanup vs As is and the cost vs benefit at sales time. I think many from the area can give you an opinion, but the sales agents would know best for this sort of thing.

Strangely enough, often untouched houses get a better price than one's that have had a "bit of paint" splashed around

^ ^ this one ........and also consider contacting us, as we buy a lot in the Inner West for clients and you might be able to save paying REA selling commissions if we have someone for it.

Get your own registered valuer to look at it first- then approach interested parties.

I bet you get at least 3PMs on this post from interested parties but I say in a hot market put to auction.

Despite you qualms - best bet is to talk to a couple of local real estate agents as to their view.

Absolutely agree with you Lizzie.
Buyers will often pay a premium for these properties especially if they are untouched.

Back