Selling a property: Any one have a checklist?

Hi,

Does anyone have a checklist they have used to sell a property

ie
1) Find an agent (How to select them?, what questions to ask them?)
2) Get contract of sale drawn up by your solicitor
3) etc
4) etc

The property is in Vic if this makes any difference.

cheers :)

Get

Real Estate Mistakes by Neil Jenman.

It has great stuff about buying and selling houses. It has stories of mistakes people made etc. It's quite informative.

Should be in your library because it's not new.

Double check the photos and copy they write for you before they put it online. Get them to put the ADDRESS on the listing. Out here commissions are really high, most of the agents can't spell and most of them can't take photos to save their lives. And that phenomena isn't restricted to country, there's crap agents everywhere.

A list of useful questions for interviewing REA's. Best of luck.

Attachments

• 20 Questions to ask your selling agent.doc
    28 KB · Views: 181
A list of useful questions for interviewing REA's. Best of luck.

Jacque, Just read your document with those excellent questions for the selling agent and they will certainly help me filter a good agent from an average / bad one - thanks for that document, its awesome! :D

Get

Real Estate Mistakes by Neil Jenman.

It has great stuff about buying and selling houses. It has stories of mistakes people made etc. It's quite informative.

Should be in your library because it's not new.

I have read this book about 10 years ago but will have to have another look because I have forgotten most of its contents. I remember the book contains a lot of "watch outs" which can happen to a buyer /vendor due to unscrupulous agents etc.

Double check the photos and copy they write for you before they put it online. Get them to put the ADDRESS on the listing. Out here commissions are really high, most of the agents can't spell and most of them can't take photos to save their lives. And that phenomena isn't restricted to country, there's crap agents everywhere.

Thanks for that I will make sure I check

Also, Is it best to get the contract of sale done by the vendor's solicitor (mine) early in the process? Should this be done as soon as selling agent has been chosen (if not before)?

If it is an IP, the first thing you should do before selling is check with your accountant. For exampale, it may be better to hold off until the next financial year.
Marg

Back