Selling from $247 k ??

I am trying to decide whether to list my ip to sell from $245 k or from $249 k

I'm wanting it to sell between $250 K- $260 k.

If I ask from $245 k do you think buyers will think they might have a shot at getting it for low $250's ??? Will I have a bigger pool of buyers/people through the doorif I ask over $245 k rather than over $249 k ??

Maybe I could be sneaky and say over $247 k ? What would buyers think when they see $247 k

Maybe I could test the waters from $249 k for 1 week & then if I dont get any offers or interest I'll slash it down to from $245 k. What do you think of that plan ??

Thanks

Maybe I could test the waters from $249 k for 1 week & then if I dont get any offers or interest I'll slash it down to from $245 k. What do you think of that plan ??

I would go for 249k as it's closest to your expectations, making it more likely for you to get offers in the range you want.

I would go for 249k as it's closest to your expectations, making it more likely for you to get offers in the range you want.

+1

Lowering the 'offers from' will increase your buyer pool, but dilute buyers who will pay in your $250-$260k range.

pinkboy

I am trying to decide whether to list my ip to sell from $245 k or from $249 k

I'm wanting it to sell between $250 K- $260 k.

If I ask from $245 k do you think buyers will think they might have a shot at getting it for low $250's ??? Will I have a bigger pool of buyers/people through the doorif I ask over $245 k rather than over $249 k ??

Maybe I could be sneaky and say over $247 k ? What would buyers think when they see $247 k

Thanks

Which price I would start at would be dependent on how hot this market is? Are properties flying out the door???

I wouldn't call a reduction in asking price of 1.6% 'slashing'. One week on the market and then reducing your asking price is too short, it stinks of desperate, rather than miss-priced.

'from' or '+' prices are becoming more common.

When I see 'from' in a hot market, I think this is the absolute minimum they will take, they expect more but don't know how much more due to rapidly rising prices (or difficult to value places) and tons of interest.

When I see 'from' in a soft market, I think the vendor doesn't want to advertise it at what they will take (less than the from).

Just had my meeting with ra agent.

What do you think about asking between $235 k - $260 k? This way we get more buyers through the door, and we should be able to secure the middle of that range. I'd want absolute very minimum low $250's or I'll take it off the market.

One unit sold in that complex for $249 k around 7 months ago. If that seller can get $249 k I should be able to match that at least! I really want mid to high $250's but I have to be realistic with what the market will pay! Since that sale of $249 k two other properties sold for $230 k & $235 k but they wernt renovated. They had it listed too high at first too and had to drop the asking amount!

Which price I would start at would be dependent on how hot this market is? Are properties flying out the door???

It depends.... On if it's priced correctly. I'll have another look at the old listings site. I think the market has picked up and there isn't as much stock now on the market, more demand, maybe buyers will pay more, I dunno. I guess we will find out when it goes on the market. First home open will be the weekend after the ling Easter weekend.

Then advertise "Offers over $250k". Otherwise you're just wasting yours and everyone else's time.. :confused:

Tend to agree, "Offers over $250,000" or maybe consider "$250-260,000" as a buyer enquiry range to cover all bases. One or the other, IMO.

Also, do you have a few more comparables for the suburb? Apart from the two in the buidling.

Tend to agree, "Offers over $250,000" or maybe consider "$250-260,000" as a buyer enquiry range to cover all bases. One or the other, IMO.

Also, do you have a few more comparables for the suburb? Apart from the two in the buidling.

I don't think you want to do $250,000 +

I think having $249,000 + achieves what you want. Going above $250,000 is visual for some, it might rule out some. The $1,000 gives those looking for <$250,000 some hope. I think setting price at $245,000 isn't being realistic.

And end of the day if the property isn't worth what you're asking nothing matter, as people will only pay what it worth (to them).

Yep dt, it's 41 sqm.

I'll run it by my agent about the: from $245 k idea. I think low $250's is a more achievable sale price. Or maybe I advertise asking $240 - $255 range possibly

Yep dt, it's 41 sqm.

I'll run it by my agent about the: from $245 k idea. I think low $250's is a more achievable sale price. Or maybe I advertise asking $240 - $255 range possibly

Do from 249, as brady says it sounds cheaper than 250
People will offer 240 or so anyway. You can then counter with 246 and everyone wins.

I would do from $249k and let it sit on market for a month without moving the price.

There is little difference wriggling around with the starting price by a few thousand, nor moving it soon after.

Your REA should propose a clear strategy for you based on their valuation and how to achieve the best price for you.

My personal strategy would be 'from $249k', present well (if this means throwing in a weekly cleaner to your tenant then do it) and have a strong sales person.

Their commission whether it be 2 or 2.5% is neither here nor there as a better REA who charges 2.5 may get you a higher price and therefore justifies the higher %.

It's a tough one to decide. She has been in the business for a long time and is very experienced. Yeah going by what similar properties that are for sale in nearby Maylands, Osborne Park & Tuart Hill I'd say the $240-$255 ish mark is spot on.

Reason agent wants to give a range is to get the prospective buyers through the door and believe me she put up a good case, she is a very convincing person and when I bought my high gate unit she uses her charms to get the best price. I'll bring it up with her but I think I'll go with my gut and follow her plan. I have a very good feeling about her. I think though I'd want to change the price range from $245 - $265 and just take a punt. Someone might even pay at the high end of that range. If its a fhb she is wonderful at appealing to their emotional side.

I'd really preferably like to sell sooner rather than later. Originally I was thinking I could take it off the market and put it back in September if I didn't get asking price but I will miss out on growth in the Perth market if I did this as I want to reinvest and buy an ip (house) So once the sale goes through and settlement it will be 2-3 months away. I'm thinking big picture that if I make a few grand less than I'd have hoped to sell it for the CG of my new IP will more than make up for it awhine ip I'll be buying is steadily going up in value.

So yeah it's gotta sell in those first few weeks. I'm not giving it away but I will be realistic in what I can get. I should get a nice little profit if I can get around the low to mid $250's. I guess we will see what happens hey!

I would never use "price between" strategy. Everyone assumes you either want the middloe or the top so why bother saying the low price?

Put offers over if you want a price. Some people will still offer under anyway.

I know you said what you want but what do you realistically think you'll GET? What you want isn't really relevant.

If you can afford to wait, put it higher, if not, leave at the lower price.

How many days on the market is the average there for unit/apartments?

Back