Selling House via agents

W

WebBoard

Would any one care to give a few hints as the best way to get the max selling price for my home, when selling via the car yards, - opps Sorry I mean - real estate agents?
(Note : Not interested in auctioning it)

Richey

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Grab a paint brush and tools and add plenty of elbow grease and fix anything at all untoward about the place and present it like a gemstone, you know, all shiny 'an new looking!
Also, if there are things that could be done to enlarge/enhance the living experience/space of your home, then do it so long as it is cost effective.
This is value adding, the best money making exercise you can undertake to maximise your capital free gains in real estate.
As far as agents go, it's a lucky dip. But if you do present your home as A1, then it should make your agent's job hellishly easy.
Hey, ask for a lower commission seeing as though you have a quality product that should sell easily!
Good luck!

Cheers,
Thorpey!

"Better to have it and not want it, than to want it and not have it"

Reply: 1.1

Richey

I think you need to make a decision straight up, are you prepared to put the work into selling it yourself, if you aren't then live with an agent.

I don't think agents always work in your best interest, they have their comm. in mind and lets face it, the difference in their commission on $400K to say $420K is bugger all but it might mean all the difference to you in the sale.

I guess the point here is be careful which agent, if any, you go with and the best way to suss them out is to talk to everyone you know who has sold a house in the area. Ask the agent to give you referees, if they have done their job well they should not have an issue with giving you phone numbers of people they have recently sold properties for.

My 2c worth, hope it helps
Kellie

Kellie
[email protected]

Reply: 1.1.1

In my opinion, a MUST READ for home sellers is "Real Estate Mistakes" by Neil Jenman. He exposes all the scams in the industry & advises you how to avoid them. This may be the best $20 & 4 hours you've ever spent to increase the value of your property.
www.jenman.com.au

2% plus/minus 10% listing

Reply: 1.1.2

Hui Kellie,

Subject: Selling House via agents

You said, "I don't think agents always work in your best interest, they have
their comm. in mind and lets face it, the difference in their commission on
$400K to say $420K is bugger all but it might mean all the difference to you
in the sale."

I always recommend a... 2% plus/minus 10% listing.

Check the archives...

Ross Sondergeld ~ Buyer Agent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Imagine buying real estate the easy way...
...with a Buyer Agent on your side!!! "

Buyerside Real Estate Mobile 0412 289 464
Office 9b, 34 Glenferrie Drive Office (07) 5562 1555
East Quay Corporate Park Fax (07) 5562 1248
Robina QLD 4226, Gold Coast [email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back