Selling in Inner West Sydney

Hi,

I am about to sell a house I have in Sydney. I am not sure whether to sell at auction or not. Can anyone give me some guidance.

Thanks

Hi,

I am about to sell a house I have in Sydney. I am not sure whether to sell at auction or not. Can anyone give me some guidance.

Thanks

If it is near a desirable/popular school or has good proximity to transport or other desirable amenities then I would say yes. I'm aware of a property selling (at auction in late 2013) for 30% above conservative valuation because of a good location in the inner west. It does need to be marketed properly.

Also aim to have it listed and sold before the silly season, allowing sufficient time for auction marketing.

Sell it for even more than the crazy prices going these days via vendor finance to somone like me who have FOMO and can't go to the banks due to too little deposit but have no issues with serviceability!

Hi,
Thanks

Hi,

You could do 2 x things:
1. Offer it to a Buyers Agent (like us, who are always looking for property, especially in the Inner West) who may have finance pre-approved buyers. That way you can avoid selling agents commissions, advertising costs, and Open homes etc.
2. Take it to auction with a good agent. It's a 3-4 marketing campaign process with an almost guaranteed result (clearance rates over 85%).

Cheers,
Alan

Auction!

I am pro Auction.
1) its creates a deadline for buyers
2) buyers compete with each other, they are emotional and if they see value and are faced with competition they will be able to fork out bit extra than in a private treaty scenario

Auction works if the process is done right. Also, don't choose cheap marketing. You don't want your property on page two or domain or RE

Back