Selling my PPOR in Ascot Vale

Hello Somersoftians.

It's been a long long time since I have posted, I've been away working in China for 4.5 years and I am now back in Marvellous Melbourne!

There is a lot happening, we've had a baby whilst we were away and as such our fabulously positioned PPOR is up for sale, as it is a bit too small and I want to give the little bloke a yard and a dog to run around with. We also want to get started on the renovation of another property that we hold in the Melbourne inner city.

We have had the current house since 2003 and it has seen excellent growth since then. It is part of a complex of 3 houses. There is one main house and two townhouses.

It is a 2 minute walk to a route 57 tram and around a 10 minute walk to the train station. It's close to Maribyrnong river and Highpoint shopping centre. You can drive to Southbank over the Bolte Bridge in around 10 minutes, when it is not peak hour.

Our neighbours have been renting in the same spot for almost 14 years. When we were away we had the same tenants for 4.5 years. The house has excellent rental potential and a history of long term tenants. People just love the convenience of the area. You could probably rent it out for around $500 to $550 per week

We are also 200m away from Union road, which is getting better and better in terms of cafe's and restaurants. Union road has a family friendly pub, great cafes & restaurants, a butcher, green grocers, a supermarket and one of only 3 A.V.P.N certified pizza restaurants in Australia. It's also close to 2 Coles and a Woolworths.

It's up the road from Flemington race course, the whole area comes alive during spring racing carnival and there is a great buzz.

The link is here on realestate.com.au http://bit.ly/ZCPEsH

Good luck with the sale - it's a nice area. My husband used to live nearby (Roseberry St) and found it really convenient.

Nice place - good luck with the auction next week.

For some reason the life-size ancient Chinese warrior statues scare me!

Hey Brisbane

We are looking for low 8s. If we don't get this we will leave the house on the market until spring

Financially we don't need to sell it, if we do it will allow us to fast track our other Reno

Hey Brisbane

We are looking for low 8s. If we don't get this we will leave the house on the market until spring

Financially we don't need to sell it, if we do it will allow us to fast track our other Reno

Very nice, I liked some of your furniture, did you ship it over from China, and those statues??

Good luck
MTR

Hey MTR

A lot of the furniture was purchased and shipped over from Gao Bei Dian, which is the place to buy "antiques" in Beijing

The table is an antique farmhouse table from Bendigo purchased in 2004

All of the warriors are made in Xi'an which is where the original warriors cone from. I've loved those since I was a boy, first seeing them at expo 88 up in brisneyland

Colours in the house are our choosing and painted by us way back in 2003

We have been back in aus for 9 months. I miss Asia so much it hurts :-(

I am a WASP :)

Back