Selling our PPOR in Newcastle

This is really for the buyers agents in our area.

For various reason we are selling out PPOR before full renovation - although we have redone two bathrooms, painted/carpeted/timber floored throughout, redecked the entire pool and rear entertaining area, replaced the fireplace, and dozens of other jobs to tart the house up over the last few years.

The house goes to market next week but we will be trying to sell "under the radar" initially - by invitation from "on the books" only ... so ... if you have anyone who may be interested in Merewether. Ocean and city views from both front and rear. 5bed/3bath/2gge/pool. Perfectly and comfortably and nicely livable as is but the DA approved reno will modernise it into 2011+. Offers over $1.3 ... contact Matthew at PRD Newcastle and let him know you are interested.

:D

Small world

Cousin lives in Merewether St, wouldn't it be funny if she was the old neighbour behind you from another thread?

Sheryn

The $1+ million mark is the toughest segment to sell these days, so good luck with it! Merewether is a great suburb though, so I'm sure someone will want to buy eventually.

The $1+ million mark is the toughest segment to sell these days, so good luck with it! Merewether is a great suburb though, so I'm sure someone will want to buy eventually.

It's a very hot suburb ... especially in the $1-1.5mil market.

Doubt there will be any "eventually" about it ... but we shall see.

That is a nice home Lizzie, especially the back with the views, fantastic patio and indoor/outdoor flow.

I'll bet it is hard to let it go.

I'm really please with the pool - when we moved in it was green/brown pebblecrete and small terracotta tile surrounds ... the acid blast and paint of the pool, and retiling updated it by around 20 years!

Haha - it was one of those "things" that hubby and I argued over for ages, before I just "did it".

Pity we won't be doing the reno's as it would have bought the rest of the house up to standard.

Last edited:
I know you said 'offers over 1.3M' in the first post - are you expecting more than this or would you be happy with 1.3?

I wouldn't be selling if I were you - you are living in a great home in a great city near the beach.

Lovely house - good luck with the sale.

In the first picture - It looks like a sliding door, but there is a 1m drop down to the pool. Did you have a deck there or something?

Lovely house - good luck with the sale.

In the first picture - It looks like a sliding door, but there is a 1m drop down to the pool. Did you have a deck there or something?

That's a glass fence that projects out along the tiled rear deck, out further than the side of the house - the glass gate is on the side of the fence near the large windows where there is a step. The step is large and almost a platform in itself.

We would love to stay ... but also excited about the "next chapter". Can't have it both ways.

Auction this weekend ... 5 serious parties - 4 have bought their builders thru and gotten the okay - one is a family that loves the property and have already sold their IP and accepted offer on their PPOR in anticipation.

Not counting any chickens - but - bring it on (mainly because I'm sick of cleaning every second day for inspections! :rolleyes:)

Back