Hi all,

We're considering selling our unique real estate Wongawallan, Qld privately. We've built a website as a starting point: http://www.paradise4sale.com.au/. Have any of you been through this process and how did you find it? Did you use a private company for marketing/advertising? If so, who would you recommend?

Love some guidance, thank you. We've interviewed two real estate agents thoroughly and neither seemed to understand our goal and the uniqueness of the property.

Cheers,
Evette

Hi all,

We're considering selling our unique real estate Wongawallan, Qld privately. We've built a website as a starting point: http://www.paradise4sale.com.au/. Have any of you been through this process and how did you find it? Did you use a private company for marketing/advertising? If so, who would you recommend?

Love some guidance, thank you. We've interviewed two real estate agents thoroughly and neither seemed to understand our goal and the uniqueness of the property.

Cheers,
Evette

Website looks great, looks like a great property, but if you want it sold, it needs to be on realestate.com.au & domain.com.au. If its not, forget 90% of your enquiries.

Also what is : "Personalised* tour by appointment, * by an independent professional NOT a real estate agent. BOTTOM LINE: No B.S.!!!" what is an independent professional? Because if you are paying someone to do the inspections- how are they independent? if its one of you- same question?

I think you have a lovely property, a great website, but selling for top dollar is not a game of luck- you need to get it out there to the biggest audience of buyers while it is newly on the market or it will cost money.

Hi all,

We've interviewed two real estate agents thoroughly and neither seemed to understand our goal and the uniqueness of the property.

Do you mean that they didnt think the property was likely to sell for the price you want?
The challenge with "unique" properties is that there is a smaller pool of people who want a house that is unique. So, you do often end up with a smaller pool of potential buyers and therefore a lower price.
Reading through your website, I didnt really get what was so unique about the property, apart from being on top of the mine.

so maybe tighten up the wording a bit so its really clear what are the unique selling points.

and as someone else mentioned, make sure you advertise on re.com and domain.com

Do you mean that they didnt think the property was likely to sell for the price you want?
The challenge with "unique" properties is that there is a smaller pool of people who want a house that is unique. So, you do often end up with a smaller pool of potential buyers and therefore a lower price.
Reading through your website, I didnt really get what was so unique about the property, apart from being on top of the mine.

so maybe tighten up the wording a bit so its really clear what are the unique selling points.

and as someone else mentioned, make sure you advertise on re.com and domain.com

I agree with pennyk! If real estate agents aren't interested, it means they see no chance of getting paid for their labour. I think it's a great looking place but I what makes it unique? It seems that whole area has similar properties. 5 acres in the middle of Sydney or Brisbane, now that would be unique.
I think what you are hoping for is more a lotto win than a sale.

looks like a holiday website.
needs a floorplan,
better pictures, you may think there good photos but they are not, i can see a spa bath but not the full room
i didnt like anything about it

Hi Evette

I hope you're up for some constructive criticism, as you can already see from the comments so far- but good on you for coming to a site like this, given the no. of addicts who look at ads on a daily basis :D

My thoughts (some of them reiterate what others have already noted):

1. What is unique apart from the setting? Work on the key and very best features of the home and put these as the main focus of the ad.
2. Proof your ad- obvious grammatical errors and unnecessary repetition in parts.
3. Pay the money to get a floorplan- so many vendors make the mistake of not getting this done and it's not expensive. Allows buyers to "see" the space and ascertain if it is the right size, before wasting your time on inspections.
4. I'd be putting the price at the top of your ad and then the main features that buyers will want to firstly know about ie: address, main features (land size,beds, baths, car, living areas, deck etc)
5. Ditch the comment about "no B.S"- it screams amateur. You can sell as a vendor without resorting to such language. Remain professional and business-like, even though you are the vendor.
6. More photos and better coverage required. Agree with others that more pics are needed of complete rooms. I'd be adding more of the deck as a feature, the kitchen with that special oven, and where are the bedroom and vegie patch pics? An aerial pic would also help, I believe- even if you got something from Google it would provide potential buyers with an idea of block layout and shape.

Lastly, remember that most of us view our PPOR property as "unique" in some way when we come to sell :) Most of us also consider a higher price achievable, hoping that some uninformed buyer will stumble in at the first open with their chequebook and the word EMOTIONAL stamped across their forehead ;) - the reality in this market is that this rarely happens. You need a great marketing campaign, a skilled seller (or agent) and lots of exposure to sell a property. I've sold privately a few times now and can tell you that it can be hard work. Have you considered doing a sole agency agreement with a good REA in your area?

Anyway, apologies for the long post but best of luck- your home looks very cosy and what a beautiful setting!

For a property this "unique", have you consider having a pro vid/presentation done ?

Not sure if these vid are worth the cost...but they sure get me excited when i see a good one!

Regards
Michael

Thank you, thank you

Thank you all so much for your highly valuable feedback. Shall take it on board and get onto it immediately.

As far as the 'unique' part goes, it's difficult to put into words. However, for the main it has its own waterfall and creek running right past the house.

I really appreciate the constructive criticism. That's why I'm here on the forum!

Thanks again people!

Hi Evette

I hope you're up for some constructive criticism, as you can already see from the comments so far- but good on you for coming to a site like this, given the no. of addicts who look at ads on a daily basis :D

My thoughts (some of them reiterate what others have already noted):

1. What is unique apart from the setting? Work on the key and very best features of the home and put these as the main focus of the ad.
2. Proof your ad- obvious grammatical errors and unnecessary repetition in parts.
3. Pay the money to get a floorplan- so many vendors make the mistake of not getting this done and it's not expensive. Allows buyers to "see" the space and ascertain if it is the right size, before wasting your time on inspections.
4. I'd be putting the price at the top of your ad and then the main features that buyers will want to firstly know about ie: address, main features (land size,beds, baths, car, living areas, deck etc)
5. Ditch the comment about "no B.S"- it screams amateur. You can sell as a vendor without resorting to such language. Remain professional and business-like, even though you are the vendor.
6. More photos and better coverage required. Agree with others that more pics are needed of complete rooms. I'd be adding more of the deck as a feature, the kitchen with that special oven, and where are the bedroom and vegie patch pics? An aerial pic would also help, I believe- even if you got something from Google it would provide potential buyers with an idea of block layout and shape.

Lastly, remember that most of us view our PPOR property as "unique" in some way when we come to sell :) Most of us also consider a higher price achievable, hoping that some uninformed buyer will stumble in at the first open with their chequebook and the word EMOTIONAL stamped across their forehead ;) - the reality in this market is that this rarely happens. You need a great marketing campaign, a skilled seller (or agent) and lots of exposure to sell a property. I've sold privately a few times now and can tell you that it can be hard work. Have you considered doing a sole agency agreement with a good REA in your area?

Anyway, apologies for the long post but best of luck- your home looks very cosy and what a beautiful setting!
Thanks for the long and detailed message Jacque. Very helpful and much appreciated. Cheers, Evette

On the main page, the "Unique Features" section gets a bit ... cluttered, for want of a better word.

May I suggest each point is bulleted, with perhaps a half line gap between. Leave the full sentences unbulleted.

On the main page, the "Unique Features" section gets a bit ... cluttered, for want of a better word.

May I suggest each point is bulleted, with perhaps a half line gap between. Leave the full sentences unbulleted.
Thanks Wobbycarly and Wandering. Agreed re bullet points. Have done this. And am working on the floor plans.

Thank you again and cheers.

needs a floorplan,
better pictures, you may think there good photos but they are not, i can see a spa bath but not the full room
i didnt like anything about it
First thing I thought of was needing better + more pictures of the rooms and layout as well.
Floor plan definitely helps too however if I was selling on my own whilst also living there, I wouldn't feel comfortable showing the exact layout of access points into the house... somehow with an agent in between it feels more secure and less likely that someone would ask for an inspection time, figure out when you're not in and then potentially robbing the place. (Call me paranoid but it's not unheard of)

IMO the whole website doesn't "pop" for me. Firstly I'd start with changing the font to a san-serif style.

Back