Seminar Succeess rates

The recent NII post prompted me to think about how many of the people who attend these things (HK and others) actually do anything i.e. buy properties.

I have heard all sorts of numbers, from only 2% up to 40%.

Does anyone have any idea what the 'success' rate is and how do they know? I attended HK two years ago and have kept in touch and am on their database but I have never been asked whether I have done anything with it (answer is that I have).

Would it be a good or bad idea for them to try and do some kind of survey or would the results be too dire?

Anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Silver,

Thats not like Hi Ho is it?
You sound like a fairly knowledgeable chap who has been there and done that so to speak. Perhaps you could enlighten us on what you actually learnt and what action you have taken and which bits of what you learnt you could not have educated yourself on by picking up any Jan Somers book for $30 instead of paying '000s of dollars as you probably did.

Reply: 1.1

Hello Anon,

Not so knowledgeable or worldly as you may assume, or at least not as much as you seem to be.

I went to one of HK's free evenings in Aug 2000. At the time I was earning six figures and still getting nowhere and paying vast amounts of tax. I knew literally nothing about property investment until that evening, when a whole new world opened up for me.

I took his advice and did my due diligence, firstly on him. I then did his 4 day course (at a cost of $3,500 back then, as I recall) in October 2000 and then spent about six months checking everything out, attending more courses, seminars, evenings, presentations - anything - plus reading books and checking out websites etc, until I was comfortable that I understood the principle of the whole thing.

So, in answer to your questions:
1) I learned a whole lot I didn't even know existed (enlightenment?)

2) I have so far purchased four units with other people's money and currently have equity of $400K. I have also attended a mortgage broking course to learn about finance (good and bad) and have worked with a couple of 'organisations' in the world of property investment which basically taught me how NOT to do it (one org is now defunct and was suggested by a licenced real estate agent I know...)

3) I had never heard of Jan Somers so didn't know about her books - the assumption in ignorance of course being that all these books and courses are just cons, which I now know not to be true (some are,I know)

The only thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is that I didn't know about it all years ago so that I need not have wasted about 35 years of my life working for a living, continually going backwards. I now do property investment full time (and give my investors 20% return if you're interested - no, it's not mezz funding). I know HK gets a lot of flak but he has certainly helped me out. The other guy is Steve Navra (total investment $250!). Now, thanks to them, I am going in the right direction.

But tellng you my life story still doesn't answer my original question - what's the seminar success rate? (Haven't you got any work to do Anon? How about you tell us about your hit rate?)

SG

Reply: 1.1.1

20% return Hi Ho. Thats pretty impressive. How do I find out about that? Do you run seminars? Can I come along and find out how this works. Certainly beats the 3.93% I receive with my bank.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Up front I have no real knowledge on what I would call "action rates" rather than success rates, which presumably would be somewhat lower.

However human nature being what it is I guess the rate would be closer to 2% than 40%. Seminars give attendees a chance to feel that they have done something for their future, without actually doing anything. It's great to boast of at the local watering hole, but alas action all by themselves is too hard and/or too scary. Seminars can be a great source of information but at such a premium usually.

For those who DO know how many seminars are held around the country yearly and the numbers attending. Has the number of IP in the country increased at 40% of the attendances ?

I like seminars but at the right price.
Most of all I love this forum.

Patosan

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

I saw HK at an Anthony Robbins night. he spoke about a bit of this and that (HK that is) wasn't really advertising his business however he did in a way break down the % of people that do, don't and the gonna's

it was something like this from what i remember.

around 10 - 13 % make a few mill on the properties (they are the all out day in day out investors

another 15 - 25 make a few hundred in equity and that it they stop

another 25 are in the process of doing a deal or are doing the due diligence

the rest are the gonna's who have spent the 15K and are whinging that nothings happening.

My view If you are going to spend that money be it 100 bucks on books or 100 thou on education be prepared to follow through.

Arti.

just my view that is all.

Back