SEQld Marinas

Looking for a place to tie my yacht up for a few months in the Brisbane - Gold Coast area.

Has anyone experience with marinas down that way? Ones to recommend or avoid?

Any of you rich investors maybe have a private marina or a waterfront home with jetty space for me to rent :)

Or know someone who has?

Just looking for a couple of months.

Cheers,

Hi Simon.

Just referring to GC here. We are on the wrong (south) side of the Sundale bridge (Nerang River crossing from Main Beach to Southport) to be of use to a mast. Too many bridges where we are.

You will need to be situated from the Broadwater and to the north. That's where the sailing vessels are. I can't recommend any marina berths and would envisage that the rent at Marina Mirage would be steep, assuming you could find a short to medium term berth there. Ditto for Hope Island. Perhaps Coomera may offer better value. You'll need to ring around a bit.

As for houses with pontoons to moor your yacht, perhaps have a check on gumtree:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-gold-coast/boat+mooring/k0l3006035

Or google sites similar to this for marina berths:

http://www.gccm.com.au/

I am unfamiliar with Brisbane sites so others may chime in to help you.

Ok. Bit too soon for me to personally help.

Try Horizon Shores marina. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get something there. Enter straight from the Broadwater, not far to Jumpinpin bar and a little further south to the Gold Coast sea way.
Because it's in sheltered water it a great spot. The Gold Coast city marina isn't bad but then you have to do 6 knots from there to the Broadwater down the Coomera river. Takes forever !

The other alternative is Calypso Bay marina. I believe they are a little more expensive than Horizon Shores.

PM me if you need anymore help :)

Just arrived at QCYC .

Best rates, nicest staff and very flexible too.

Thoroughly recommend them at this stage.

Bit shallow in the way in, tide was coming in but at times just 0.4m beneath the keel.

That's great. Yes it does get VERY shallow through there.
Let's hope you have some ok weather while you are here so you can get out and about now and then.
Enjoy :)

Back