Seriously? Libs want to change Tony Abbot for Turnbull or Bishop?

I can't believe the furore created over this knighting of Prince Philip on Australia Day
I keep reading that the phones among Lib backbenchers have been running hot as they discuss 'feverishly' leadership change to either Turnbull or Bishop because of this "knightmare" fiasco

Seriously, leadership change over knighting Prince Philip?
I really couldn't have cared if they knighted, sainted or gave the Victoria Cross to Prince Philip. It doesn't affect my life one iota.

Bolt attacks Abbot over the knighthood
Murdoch tweets that Peta Credlin should fall on her sword

Does anybody else think a mountain is being made out of a molehill
or is it just me?

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...y-abbott-faces-criticism-20150129-131f0o.html

I can't believe the furore created over this knighting of Prince Philip on Australia Day
I keep reading that the phones among Lib backbenchers have been running hot as they discuss 'feverishly' leadership change to either Turnbull or Bishop because of this "knightmare" fiasco

Seriously, leadership change over knighting Prince Philip?
I really couldn't have cared if they knighted, sainted or gave the Victoria Cross to Prince Philip. It doesn't affect my life one iota.

Bolt attacks Abbot over the knighthood
Murdoch tweets that Peta Credlin should fall on her sword

or is it just me?

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...y-abbott-faces-criticism-20150129-131f0o.html

A lot of Laborite's are worried about what happens if they lose their go-to punch dummy. ;)

Not particularly surprised they want Abbott out, he's not exactly popular. This way they get to do it over something other than one of their policies.

No, Cjay, I seriously think that a mountain is being made out of a molehill.
It's a big fuss over a big nothing.

The good thing is if they did switch over to Turnbull, all the swinger voters/centrists would come over in droves to the Liberals - boosting their popularity.

Happy days hey Beanie. :)

I actually feel sorry for Abbott that the party would seek to change him over this 'knight' thing. He's worked very hard during opposition for many years to get them into power and for this 'knighthood' thing, they want to dump him? Like changing a pair of underwear? I mean, it's not Watergate or anything like that.

or is it just me?

You might be right, Beanie. A genuine 'parting of the ways' among the Libs and/or an opportunity for a leadership challenge.
I think so. I was interested to hear Pyne declare himself a republican tonight.
I suppose if you really had your hopes set on Abbott, his lack of consultation and fuddy-duddy ways would be disappointing. To some of us, no surprise - we saw it coming ages ago.

It's not just the knighting issue, if you hadn't noticed Abbott isn't exactly popular. Personally I think he's a knob and would prefer Turnbull if it were out of the 2.

No, Cjay, I seriously think that a mountain is being made out of a molehill.
It's a big fuss over a big nothing.
It's not about the knighthood itself; it's what it represents, i.e. that he has absolutely no idea what the people of Australia are thinking. He's completely out of touch with mainstream Australia.

Seriously, if he'd asked any person on the street, tea lady, or cab driver, they would have said "Knight Prince Philip? HAHAHAHAHAHA Good one!"

It's the fact that he thought knighting Prince Philip was such a good idea, and that he's surprised by the reaction, that's indicative of a deeper problem.

I completely understand what you're saying, Perp and I'm not saying you're wrong.
But I believe in fair play, perhaps anachronistically, and I firmly don't believe that fair play is being demonstrated either by the party, the media or powerful figures when they want to weigh-in and use this excuse to chop and change

Australia will be the laughing stock of the world, 'what? they threw their Prime Minister out just because he knighted Prince Philip?'

Libs would win next election in a landslide with Turnbull as PM as he appeals to voters from both sides of politics including some watermelons.

I actually feel sorry for Abbott that the party would seek to change him over this 'knight' thing. He's worked very hard during opposition for many years to get them into power and for this 'knighthood' thing, they want to dump him? Like changing a pair of underwear? I mean, it's not Watergate or anything like that.

Thats is where you are wrong, just look at the public reaction, its not minor, Its big.

Prince p is not Australian for starters, how can anyone respect a pm who makes such a mindless decision

It's not just the knighting issue, if you hadn't noticed Abbott isn't exactly popular. Personally I think he's a knob and would prefer Turnbull if it were out of the 2.

I agree, SK, I think Abbott is a very poor leader. He doesn't present well in public, can barely string a coherent sentence together, furthermore, he is totally out of touch with modern Australia. Time for a change, I say.....

Back