Seriously? Libs want to change Tony Abbot for Turnbull or Bishop?

No it wasn't. The RBA reserves were lower in 2010/11, and no injection was required then.

The RBA requested that no dividend be taken from it at the moment. Hockey chose instead to inject $8.8 billion, and take dividends in the future.

Put money in now, increase the deficit, blame Labor, take money later, increase income later. A purely cynical, political move.

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/legal/34309-why-did-the-government-just-give-the-rba-9-billion.html#

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...to-make-himself-look-good-20131029-2wcy3.html
Not sure if you read your own article: Phil Lowe"it was a prudent and sensible decision to recapitalize the fund", he goes on to say the decision was in our collective interest.

Not sure if you read your own article: Phil Lowe"it was a prudent and sensible decision to recapitalize the fund", he goes on to say the decision was in our collective interest.

It still doesn't change the fact that in the middle of a 'budget emergency' the RBA received $8.8 billion it didn't need, or ask for.

Here's the full quote, from SMH

?The current government has decided to move quickly to the desired level of capital to make sure the bank's balance sheet is of unquestionable quality and I think that's in our collective interest because you want the central bank to have unquestioned ability to deal with a whole range of situations. The board had wanted to get to that position over time and what we're doing now is moving directly to that position.?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/trader-joe-playing-the-forex-tables-20131025-2w5v6.html#ixzz3QjbXvyV5

Entertaining discussion but I have to do some work, was recapitalizing the fund required? YES, could it be used for future political purposes? YES, Turnbull should have been Lib leader prior to the election but unfortunately he is not.
Too early in first term to establish much else.....

IMO he's been a terrible Prime Minister. Hopefully he gets rolled soon and Turnbull or Bishop take over.
What is the criteria for "terrible"?

To me, terrible is results - we vote them (I hope) in based on what they say they will do for the Country; not their personality.

And, if they are no good; vote them out next time.

Although; in my opinion many of the voting public get conned by the personality in their decision.

If Labor hadn't done so badly, and it was a more "neck and neck" Election, I reckon TA might not have had any chance.

He certainly isn't my warm and fuzzy choice, but he is/was the Leader then, and I vote Liberal.

Last edited:
Entertaining discussion but I have to do some work, was recapitalizing the fund required? YES, could it be used for future political purposes? YES, Turnbull should have been Lib leader prior to the election but unfortunately he is not.
Too early in first term to establish much else.....

did it need to happen when it happened? QUESTIONABLE

What is the criteria for "terrible"?

To me, terrible is results - we vote them (I hope) in based on what they say they will do for the Country; not their personality.

And, if they are no good; vote therm out next time.

so why are you getting so fired up when people vote them out?

so why are you getting so fired up when people vote them out?
I'm not fired up about people voting Liberal out because they are still the Gubb.

I will be saddened if they do get voted out in another year or so, because then we will go back to shoit Gubb under a Union Hack.

Union Hacks cannot run a Country; all they know how to do it take, take.

I asked what DanC's criteria was for describing a PM as "terrible". That is not getting fired up.

Libs haven't been voted out yet, and TA is still PM.

And if they do a crap job, I expect they will be voted out at the next election, and fair enough.

Mind you, if they only do as half a crap job as Labor did for the last 6 years, then the Libs should be retained.

Even though I am a Liberal voter, I don't just blindly agree with everything they do. Sometimes they get it wrong, and thank god they realise and reverse their plan - such as the PPL. in my view it would be another cost that we cannot afford, and will cost god knows how many jobs, and/or send the deficit soaring because it has to be funded from somewhere...more of spending more than we earn.

I vote for Liberal based on what my view is for sending the Country forward generally, which matches up with theirs - I am more the "boss" voter who wants to expand the economy, create jobs and investment, encourage business growth and so on; not the "employee" voter who wants to make sure they are looked after, have their hand held and have their hand out.

Last edited:
Back