Seriously will Syd ever stop going up?

Help!

Will Syd ever stop going up? I want to buy on northern beaches of Syd but just seems out of reach

Can anyone advise where else to buy?

Open to all options as we want to get closer to friends and family.

Tia

Upper northern beaches is one of the last places to move but t has moved strongly recently .

If PPOR , buy where you want to live .....

If I definitely was looking in Sydney , I'd look at warriewood / Mona Vale or maybe a unit at dee why , but probably end up buying out of sydney as all of those areas have already moved and sydney has to stop some time

Cliff

Yeah Cliff it sure has moved places I was looking at less than 2 years ago has gone up nearly $300k just ridiculous!

I just find it overwhelming and sad

Where would you invest in nsw I already have rural
Mildura, Tennant creek and Adelaide ( not that Adelaide is rural but it's not exactly a "city" haha)

I'm wondering whether I sell Mildura and possibly another to try and get something in Syd would appreciate your thoughtd

Help!

Will Syd ever stop going up? I want to buy on northern beaches of Syd but just seems out of reach

Tia
It did for most of the 2000 decade I believe?

Help!

Tia

Why northern beaches not the Western suburb ?

It will stop. People have very short memories. Zoom out and think in cycles. People were asking this very question back in 02 and 03.

And then it did. For quite a few years.

Nothing grows like this forever.

Help!

Tia

Every investment has potential to go up and down and does. The trick is to hold as long as you can so that in the long term wherever the market is won't make too much difference, as long as there isn't a total crash at that time. Therefore yes, there will be a time, don't know when, when syd will stop growing- ie move to the next phase of the cycle.

It will stop and when it does, it'll be stagnant for a decade. But people won't buy. They will wait for that 50% drop that never comes, then complain 10 years from now about the next boom and how 10 years was just not enough warning. All those investors held society at large hostage while they plundered all the stock and only released the cuffs after the next boom. It's all too predictable. Investors are pure scum.

With Sydney units not having increased at the same pace as houses perhaps it'll peak later than houses?

Also with the higher yields and lower entry prices it should be less affected by the new lending restrictions. Thoughts?

With Sydney units not having increased at the same pace as houses perhaps it'll peak later than houses?

Also with the higher yields and lower entry prices it should be less affected by the new lending restrictions. Thoughts?

Hi Jack!

Not sure if this will be the case as there seems to be a lot of construction activity in Sydney unit world which may cause an oversupply particularly when the market slows down IMO

Thanks for all your replies comments and quirky anecdotes (scum haha)

Sorry I should have explained the northern beaches would be our ppor but due to being so pricey may invest elsewhere in Syd I just have no idea where

Cadence budget is hard as may have to sell all properties I have invested in to get one thing house or unit on northern beaches which ***** me to tears. For other than northern beaches and elsewhere in Syd around the 350-400 at the most

Bayview it has always been more expensive and in the early 00's my wage of 5 different jobs getting 500 bucks a week would have got me nowhere

Jon. Henry open to western suburbs for investment but don't know the area I would pick beaches over western suburbs any day but from I don't know western suburbs at all! Any areas u recommend?

Jdp1 totally agree mate I really don't want to sell my properties I have as they are rural and haven't really gone up in price but are neutral with 1 being positive geared

Scott no mates would love to but my olds live on the side of a hill getting a g/f in there would be impossible

Da jackal I reckon units have increased more in value than houses well that's on northern beaches anyway!

It will stop and when it does, it'll be stagnant for a decade. But people won't buy. They will wait for that 50% drop that never comes, then complain 10 years from now about the next boom and how 10 years was just not enough warning. All those investors held society at large hostage while they plundered all the stock and only released the cuffs after the next boom. It's all too predictable. Investors are pure scum.

I am old enough to have watched this happen years ago ...

Yes Sydney will stop. Matter is when.

My prediction has been for a while that the peak will occur over this winter. Much of the momentum is due to the investor market especially in the "cheaper" areas. The current lender finance policy changes will take a fair bit of the heat off.

I dont see it crashing, but my prediction is a plateau over the next few months, and then a flat to moderate outlook for the spring season.

The construction of housing stock has a long lead time & one inherent risk is a changing market. Developers who have suffered from a slow DA, late in jumping on the treadmill or impacted by weather, industrial disputes, latent conditions etc and are slow to market are adversely affected. So too are buyers of otp stuck with high prices locked in above valuation & in a subdued rental market.

Tough situation if you really need to buy into Sydney.

Possibly an example of why you should get a PPOR as early as practical - particularly before regional investments.

It can work out if you purchase well and the markets performs - but you always run the risk of the market you want your PPOR in getting away from you.

A know a few people who have relocated from Sydney and now found that they have pretty much lost the option of returning.

Back