Seriously will Syd ever stop going up?

The thing is......

What reason is there for rates to go up right now?

Or for the foreseeable future?

There are still a "possible" 8 more cuts IF needed.....and that's assuming zero is where it stops.

Just because rates are the lowest ever...doesn't mean they "can't" go lower

I am not suggesting I think they will go to zero.

But there is still no obvious reason to lift them anytime soon

Last edited:
The thing is......

There are still a "possible" 8 more cuts IF needed.....and that's assuming zero is where it stops.

Yeah not now... Rate will stay low for a long time I believed

Natedog who said rates are going up any time soon??
Well all know it ain't going to zero here in Australia. Yes some countries they are zero and I believe banks actually pay them. Yeah I believe there will be another rate cut towards end of year. But I'm sure it will go up once or twice in the next 5 years.
All I'm saying there is not right or wrong answer.

The thing is......

I am not suggesting I think they will go to zero.

But there is still no obvious reason to lift them anytime soon

Interest rates cannot go higher unless we have a strong and healthy economy. considering property is currently the most productive industry in Australia are there any other industries that can get us out of the doldrums anytime soon? Not in my opinion.

Some interesting article's re negative rates

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-for-sub-zero-rates-squeezing-mortgage-income

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...conomy-in-danger/story-e6frg9wx-1227368892978

Wow. 30% above reserve too!

To be fair who wouldn't want a run down home on 500 sqm on the border of salubrious lakemba for $1.3m??

That price is outrageous. I don't know how that person that bought that can sleep at night. Does that person think they bought well even if it is as PPOR. I have seen it all now.

Everyone who builds in the Belmore area knows council has earmarked south of the station to Canterbury Road as high rise, this is just front running by Councillors/Planners family members.

Hi Nek,

Those two properties in the links are real bargains in my opinion.

I would consider those two links to be much more superior that the Belmore property even if they were at the same price. But then again I might be biased being from the Shire myself.

Back