ServiceSeeking.com.au

Just used this service to find a house cleaner, what a waste of time.

Most of the cleaners listed are in the main cleaning commercial properties, however they will also do domestic but its not the same standard, the quality is poor. Just finished cleaning after the cleaner came in, 4 hours later.

The problem is good house cleaners are snapped up they have too much work and people who have good cleaners wont share them, I can understand this.

Any suggestions, or anyone got a good house cleaner in Perth that perhaps can do 4 hours per week, I am desperate now.

I don't want to advertise on gumtree because in the main they are commercial cleaners, same issue.

At one stage I paid my 17 year old daughter to clean, but she got the sack, once again she was trying to cut corners and she was rude to the boss:p

MTR:)

Word of mouth is the way to go. Didn't have luck finding a good cleaner on there..

Also, I find, we clean better than the cleaner :( But due to allergies I've stopped doing much myself.

I agree it's difficult to find a cleaner that cleans and does not just clean around things.

I'm in the process of now offering extra training our end lease cleaners to avoid having them back at the same property multiple times - after trailing lots of cleaners it seems to be the only option!

If I could create one it would be a clone of my mum!
60 year old Greek lady that does not miss a spot!

Too bad I did not inherit those genes :(

That is a good idea as long as cleaners are relatively close by. Thanks anyway

Though my mother phoned me this morning as she has a friend who knows someone who is excellent, but once again dependent on whether they are available.

I agree it's difficult to find a cleaner that cleans and does not just clean around things.

I'm in the process of now offering extra training our end lease cleaners to avoid having them back at the same property multiple times - after trailing lots of cleaners it seems to be the only option!

If I could create one it would be a clone of my mum!
60 year old Greek lady that does not miss a spot!

Too bad I did not inherit those genes :(

Your mother sounds like my mother:) made of the right stuff I say;)

Already got that one in hand, I met up with a g/friend and her friend who runs an IT business, he wanted to see my villas and some advice with his project, he is new to developing. We have struck up a deal, I'll help him with sourcing builders etc and he helps me with the massively complicated setup of Netflix stuff:p

By the way ironically I spent 12 hours cleaning 3 villas this week, approx. 4 hours on each, because the builder's cleaners left them in a disgusting state, even streaks of poo in one toilet, fortunately I had the right cleaning stuff, nearly killed me. Grout on some walls, plaster dust, red dust, paint spots on floors, anyway enough said just get on with it.. I think

At one stage I paid my 17 year old daughter to clean, but she got the sack, once again she was trying to cut corners and she was rude to the boss:p

Have you tried Gumtree. I found my last cleaner there.

I've been disappointed with serviceseeking.com and I've stopped using it. It's really difficult to find a good cleaner. Gone are the days of Italian (and Greek) ladies doing a great job for a reasonable price. The last cleaner I had I had to teach how to clean. Once she was told what to do, she was good, but slow.

I've tried paying one of my daughters too. it doesn't work. I get told I have OCD and I hear complaints about 'child abuse' and 'slave labour'.

I have now given up and do my own housework. The children have to do their own rooms. They are getting better--I can now see the floor when I walk in. At one stage when you walked into their rooms you just had to trust that there was a floor there.

I am fussy so at least the work I do gets done to my standard.

MTR, I have used eucalyptus oil a little bit. It's great for removing sticky residue from wood. What else have you used it for?

Eucalyptus oil is great in kitchen bathroom woodwork bedroom. Also going back to white vinegar and bicarb. Cleaned out the scales in kettle this way. Great for mould too.

WattleIdo, I went completely natural a while ago with my cleaning products. I used only vinegar, hot water & a little ammonia to clean my floors (ammonia breaks down into mineral salts) but then I tried the Ajax floor cleaner and found that I was picking up so much more dirt. I now use Ajax on my floors.

I make a spray container of orange oil, a couple of drops of lavender oil, white vinegar and a couple of drops of dishwasher liquid for counter tops, cooktop and splash back. I use bicarb to scrub any pots or pans and find it works a treat. In my showers I use Shower Power. Wish I could find a good natural cleaner for my floors. Until I do, I will keep using Ajax floor cleaner.

I found my building cleaners through hipages.com.au

They left the place 100% - carpets, tearooms, bathrooms, ceiling tiles, light fittings, floor tiles, curtain wall etc.

I also had a good builder's cleaner years back - would remove everything from pencil marks, plastic protection etc.

If you have a place in NZ then builderscrack.co.nz is a really good place to find tradespeople, cleaners, etc. They are similar to the websites above but the tradespeople are rated by people who have used their services, so you can see the quality of their work and customer feedback before using them. I've used it for my properties there and happy every time.

I've tried paying one of my daughters too. it doesn't work. I get told I have OCD and I hear complaints about 'child abuse' and 'slave labour'.

I have now given up and do my own housework. The children have to do their own rooms. They are getting better--I can now see the floor when I walk in. At one stage when you walked into their rooms you just had to trust that there was a floor there.

Lol - teenagers?

Sounds like my kids!
My son threatened to get onto my FB account and tell my clients that I use child labour to get my house cleaned every Saturday morning!

I told him to go ahead because they need to know that I'm not the dogs body who does everything ....... And they would probably be looking for tips on how to make their teenage sons mop floors too!

That was the end of that!

PG, I took your advice advertised on gumtree, huge respond.
Think I have found the perfect cleaner, will know this Friday, but from my questions and her responses, experience etc. I think she will be great.

Thanks

Back