Servicing Gas Heater - Recommendations?

hi all,

After hearing that sad, sad story about the family whose two boys died from carbon monoxide (or is it dioxide...I'm no scientist) poisoning from a leaking gas heater I get slightly freaked out. We always get tired when we have the heater on. I thought it was just b/c we were nice & snug but now I'm worried we're getting slowly poisoned :eek:

Does anyone have a recommendation about which Co. or licenced individual to call for servicing of a gas heater? (S.E suburbs Vic)

Thanks very much :)

hi all,

After hearing that sad, sad story about the family whose two boys died from carbon monoxide (or is it dioxide...I'm no scientist) poisoning from a leaking gas heater I get slightly freaked out. We always get tired when we have the heater on. I thought it was just b/c we were nice & snug but now I'm worried we're getting slowly poisoned :eek:

Does anyone have a recommendation about which Co. or licenced individual to call for servicing of a gas heater? (S.E suburbs Vic)

Thanks very much :)

I think you check by looking at the colour of the flame. Now, not sure, but if it's a blue flame it's fine, a yellow flame dangerous.

Anyone, am I right?

All good - teed up a guy whose sticker was onthe side of the heater & who happens to live around the corner :)

If he's good, I'll pass on his details to anyone who may need them.

Thanks

Back