Setting goals

I'm beginning to start seriously looking at setting goals for my and my partners future, not just financial goals (which I will be looking at in depth with my financial planner) but other life goals also. Can anyone direct me towards websites/books etc. I can have a squizz at? Also, Freestylers (I think) used to have something called Kicking Goals or something along those lines, but I can't find it on the site anymore, anyone know about it?

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Mark,

there's a UK board called Singing Pig at
http://groups.msn.com/SingingPig/messageboard.msnw?pgmarket=en-gb

You may need to register with MSN.

A few posts from the top is one called Goals and Plans - I asked the board users some questions on goal setting and life planning and have had some great responses including what materials people use. You might find this string of posts useful - they aren't just Brits on there, some Kiwi's and Aussies too.

Kind regards, Lisa.

Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, "What's in it for me?"-- Brian Tracy

Reply: 1.1

Mark

I had a look at "Kicking goals". I couldn't recommend it to you-you don't get much for the $99! The content is alright, it is just very short and highly priced

there are many books on this sort of stuff. Try something by Paul Hanna eg "You can do it" and "beleive and Acheive" about $20 for both books.

Reply: 1.1.1

Why would Mark take advice from someone who does not identify themself? Its akin to not expecting a bull to charge you just because you're a vegetarian!

bye.gif

Happy Investing,
Rixter :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies. Lisa, beat you to it! I've already been a member for a few weeks now, and saw the postings you referred to. I actually saved yours that was there. Thanks very much for that. I found a website, I think it was mindtools.com, had some stuff on there. I downloaded an article based on Personal Goal Setting, a good read. Well, keep those recommendations coming guys, I really want to get started on these things.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 2

Hi Mark

When it comes to goal setting there are three KNOWS

Know what you value
Know what you want
Know how to get it

Then take action!

Regards
Simon

Reply: 3

Hi Mark,

I have lectured for some in the subject and can direct you to a very good book called " The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time & Life Management". Author is Hyrum W. Smith who was the founder of Franklin Quest (Before Covey etc took over).ISBN 0-446-51741-0

An Excellent read and will incorporate valuable and crucial aspects to your Goal setting because without well structured 'Values' to underpin your Goals, you could be heading off with the wrong map.

All the best
SW

Back