Settlement Questions - WA

Hi
I have a few questions regarding settlement. The buyer has done his final pre settlement inspection and has a few concerns.

• Keys missing for window bolt locks
  • Concerns over the vent for evap a/c in bedroom
  • Blown light globes

1. Am i responsible for replacing all blown light globes? If so, am i also responsible for buying new light globes when i never had lights in those sockets? (theres a heap of spotlights around the house that has never had any globes in it)
  2. Am i responsible for supplying all keys to locks? These small keyed-alike window bolt locks have missing keys. The locksmith said this is true but the locks dont have to be working (only a key supplied that fits)
  3. Do i have to foot the bill after the buyer required a service technician to write a report to state the A/C is in good working order even when i believe its working? The solicitor mentioned its the sellers responsibility on the contract to ensure good working order

I have done all 3 of these things because the buyer demanded it and the RE suggested that i do otherwise settlement will be delayed but its been extremely costly. I would just like to know this for future sales.

With the contracts and annexures that I use in Perth I'd say yes, yes and no

I usually 'warrant that all electrical, plumbing and gas is working' and it is up to the Buyer to prove that is isn't. If they pay for a 'test' and it isn't then I have to fix it.

Sounds correct.
If they want a independent check then they should pay for it. Else they could ask for checks for all appliances and fittings etc and the buyer would be deeply out of pocket

Back