Shailer Park Property Manager

Hi Everyone,
I have a friend based in Sydney with several IPs in Shailer Park, Qld.
He has not been able to find a competent property manager.
Has anyone any recommendations for a decent property manager in the Shailer Park area, please?
Your help is appreciated,
Regards,
Crystal

Hi Crystal
We have a property in that area and have use Raine and Horne in Shailer Park as the PMs. We haven't had any problems though there haven't been any tough issues. A friend also has a couple of props rented through them, again no problems but no big issues either. Commission is not light at 8.5% + GST.
Maybe we need to qualify what your friend is after in a competent PM?
Without sounding like an add :) the PM is Ann Krenn Ph. 07 3801 3666

Bye

Hi Crystal,

I'm not sure who you are with currently, we do have a First National office there at Shailer Pk who seem to do very well. However, Rochedale is only a suburb or 2 away and I know the PM's there and they are superb. Speak to Bev Healan 07 3341 6777, she is a former Australian PM of the year, very helpful and would love to assist you.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Thanks so much for your recommendations.
I'll pass on the details supplied. He'll be very pleased as both his PMs so far haven't provided even the most basic service ie being aware of and/or chasing late rent, depositing money into his account each month etc, etc.
Thanks again,
Crystal

With respect Kevin, when we purchased a property in the Shailer Park area from an agent in Rochedale, they didn't really know that much about the Shailer Park area in regard to prices or rents. The locals seem to have their finger on the pulse as to what is happening and the tenants dont have the excuse of distance for being late with the rent.

bye

Originally posted by Bill.L
With respect Kevin, when we purchased a property in the Shailer Park area from an agent in Rochedale, they didn't really know that much about the Shailer Park area in regard to prices or rents. The locals seem to have their finger on the pulse as to what is happening and the tenants dont have the excuse of distance for being late with the rent.

bye

I except that Bill and usually wouldn't reply again, however these guys are very good and the difference in distance is minimal. As for being late in rent, there's never a valid excuse. Most payments these days are made via direct debit, Real Estate agencies rarely take money over the counter anymore because of security concerns.

The fact there is a partner office at Shailer Pk also means you could have the benefit having the 2 agencies finding a tenant. Bev Healan has been in the area for many years, no-one would know the area better.

Sorry this isn't meant as a commercial, it's not for me, but It would be a shame if the wrong agency was chosen for the wrong reasons, it could cost plenty. Talk to a couple of agents and pick the best one.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Originally posted by Kevin Hockey
"I except that Bill and usually wouldn't reply again, however these guys are very good and the difference in distance is minimal."

The difference in distance on a map seems minimal, but when I talked to PM's in Rochedale they stated to me that Shailer Park was out of their area and they were not that confident in setting rent levels.

"Sorry this isn't meant as a commercial, it's not for me, but It would be a shame if the wrong agency was chosen for the wrong reasons, it could cost plenty. Talk to a couple of agents and pick the best one."

Kev

Agree with this but remember that you can be promised the Earth , and end up with a bag of dirt:D

I would also be interested in other peoples personal experiences with PM's in this area as well as many other areas. You never know when an opportunity is going to arise and having an idea about a good PM will really help.

Actually Kev, if I purchase in Rochdale I will certainly go have a chat with Bev. Thanks

see ya

Back