Share Trading

I'll make it clear for you. How about you take responsibility for your statement and come through.

I'll make it clear to you Mr Fabulous (can see the irony in your name) that I'm taking full responsibility.. Move your stop up to $2.60 now for ELD. For those of you that got on at $2.50 this should lock in a slight profit now. Time to watch it run and relax.

I'll make it clear to you Mr Fabulous (can see the irony in your name) that I'm taking full responsibility.. Move your stop up to $2.60 now for ELD. For those of you that got on at $2.50 this should lock in a slight profit now. Time to watch it run and relax.

Just wondering on what number in units are you talking about,because with the brokers fees entry - exit costs ATO waiting for their money ,unless you would be trading in the 200k-400k range over any 1- 14 period with something like this because nothing is more permanent then temporary..

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/company.do#!/ELD

lt's weird how even when you just get thoroughly sick of all the stock crap and drop out of it , how you kind of miss it.
And it def' hurts to , watching trades you know well , just pass you by all the time over and over .
But l felt inspired enough the other day to go in and check all my lists which l haven't fdone in 4yrs , just haven't felt like the bs.
Found one of my best old trading stocks l'd completely forgot about and l'm exited as hell. Maybe if l tap into one of my lazy reliable trades , l'm hoping it shuts me up.

Last edited:
every time I see an uncharacteristic movement on the SP500, I always wonder what my old faithful - the Russel2000 - would be doing right now...

Just took a look. Gee they certainly took a dive in about 08didn't they , youch .
Anyway yeah, looks good to go till around 3.40ish , give or take , few ups and downs along the way. But hey , l didn't say that did l , especially if it dumps , l wasn't here !
Thats a good strategy c , moving the stop up .
l've never used stops .

Last edited:
every time I see an uncharacteristic movement on the SP500, I always wonder what my old faithful - the Russel2000 - would be doing right now...

So does it nag at you ?
like l know it's always so easy in hindsight but!
This one has just gone on as reliably as it ever was through all this topsy turvey. To think of the money l could have made with it just buying and waiting buying and waiting. l know , easy after the fact.

When things crashed ,l got bit and so another problem l had after that was just a trust , hesitation .

Meanwhile this stock has just been ticking over , ticking over - l didn't even check it , forgot all about it , oh the pain

Anyone know anything about that currency trading thing ? That vid that keeps popping up all over the net.

You buy the dollar or yen or Euro or whatever basically betting on it going up or down that day
He shows you this little gadget that is suppose to show you the odds of it going up or down with colors for up or down .

l know , these things - sigh . But this actually looks quite good . l know , they can make anything look good , easy .

Anyone know anything about that currency trading thing ?

Are you referring to spot Forex trading?
What do you need to know?
Its not easy to trade forex successfully but a small percentage of people can do it (maybe 5%).
The majority of traders lose all of their money and the few people who are successful usually don't share their knowledge in public.

The Forex and options industry is full of spruikers and so called educators who are selling courses and systems which in their majority don't work.
I have taken up a few courses myself in my early years of learning to trade and have come to the conclusion that if those educators and systems sellers could trade, they wouldn't need to sell anything :D

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about that currency trading thing ? That vid that keeps popping up all over the net.

You buy the dollar or yen or Euro or whatever basically betting on it going up or down that day
He shows you this little gadget that is suppose to show you the odds of it going up or down with colors for up or down .

l know , these things - sigh . But this actually looks quite good . l know , they can make anything look good , easy .

If you know what you are doing in Forex you certainly would not be selling it !

Forex trading is scaleable, there is almost no limit to the amount you can trade, if it works you will be a billionaire before too long, why would you sell it when the algos will soon detect a surge in trades when 1000 people all enter at the same time ?

If you want the biggest Forex forum to read up on simply Google Forex Factory, enough reading there for a year or two :)

If you know what you are doing in Forex you certainly would not be selling it !
Agree 100% and I would not be sharing it either because if many of us trade the same system, our clusters of orders become liquidity targets so we will get stopped out

Agree 100% and I would not be sharing it either because if many of us trade the same system, our clusters of orders become liquidity targets so we will get stopped out

This did actually happen, there was system being sold that traded the Asian session, went well for a few months, too many people started using it, the algos picked up the surge and set up after set up happened, people lost all their profits and much more.

In Forex you are taking on the biggest and the best in the world with algos that pick up everything, if a person works out a method and keeps it to them selves they can retire.

The market can change over time as well, instos are always looking for an edge, they change the algos which in turn changes the market, very tough game is Forex :(

very tough game is Forex :(

Exactly but if someone sticks to it long enough and spends enough time looking at charts, eventually they will come up with a strategy that works.

A friend of mine scalps the markets using only 2 moving averages 7 and 14, that's all, but he's spent thousands of hours looking at charts and recognises
what price will do next by looking at the bars and the angle and position of the MA's. So it can be done even with very few tools, but VERY FEW people make it in the long run.

Back