Sharing rooms -

Hiya all, just received annual invitation to company's yearly sales conference.

This time there is a twist ... there is sharing of rooms :eek:

2 bedroom villa where one person will get ensuite ... other will get toilet in shared living space area.

Eeeew, shared toilet...sharing in general where you don't know the other person is a bit icky...even sharing a 2br where the other person could be, hmmmm, wolf creek guy in a suit...talk about cost cutting. Rather have a crappy room all to myself!

Sounds fine to me. Plenty of times I've shared a 2 (or 3) bedroom apartment with a colleague.

Haven't shared a single room though - you'd have to be pretty good mates to do THAT! :eek:

The duration might make a difference, too. 1 or 2 nights is quite different from a week or month!

Eeeew, shared toilet...sharing in general where you don't know the other person is a bit icky...even sharing a 2br where the other person could be, hmmmm, wolf creek guy in a suit...talk about cost cutting. Rather have a crappy room all to myself!

I think you'll find the toilet is not "shared".... you agree with the other person "that's yours and this is mine!" :) As to the comfort factor of the other party when you might have some interesting habits like watching TV nude in the shared lounge.....:eek:

The Y-man

You can also mutually drag each other home after a big boozy dinner - and only one of you needs to remember the room number. "Sales conference" - yeah, right! :D

Share a room with a stranger? I don't even like hotel rooms when I'm on my own - out come the wet ones to clean handles, remotes etc., my own pillow case, sheet, towel etc. I think I make life difficult for myself. :(

Oh, that's ok then, re the toilet.

But sleeping in the same room as someone you don't really know well (or don't really want to know that well....what if you sleep-talk or sleep-walk...could be entertaining for the other party :)

But sleeping in the same room as someone you don't really know well (or don't really want to know that well....what if you sleep-talk or sleep-walk...could be entertaining for the other party :)

Ah, no! I'll change my mind. Have to be a colleague I DO know well, and am comfortable sharing with.

No lucky dip with the room keys!! :eek:

Especially as some of our staff realised when we did something similar that there was only one aircon in the unit - in the lounge - so the bedroom door had to be left open anyway to stop them dying during the night (tried opening windows but no insect screen ...)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Depends whether the person sharing with you is the opposite sex,
It could be the best couple of days of your life. :D
I didn't mean it like it sounds :rolleyes:

in that situation i always pay for upgrade to have single room to myself, i shared rooms on school camps and that will do me for life in terms of sharing.

As these 'sales confernces" tend to be a massive p*** up it is far better to have own room and can sleep to your own patterns and not be concerned about being woken or waking up your roommate

normally on the registration on line email u will get u can select an upgrade and pay for your own room, $400 well spent in my opinion:p

I remember in the Army. 100 of us training at a makeshift camp. Eight to a tent.

Ablutions were a 30ft long bench outside to shave at, a room with a dozen shower nozzles centrally turned on for us all to shower under. Best of all was the toilets. A dozen thunderboxes arranged in a circle so we could have a chat with our mates - could have played cards if we had the time.

Now i know why OCD people were a strange breed to me until I left the service :)

A dozen thunderboxes arranged in a circle so we could have a chat with our mates - could have played cards if we had the time.

Now i know why OCD people were a strange breed to me until I left the service :)

So no wiping the toilet seat down first and lining it with paper? Guess I won't be joining the army! :)

I'm not fussy with cleanliness, but I refuse to share with someone from work.... For me its about having somewhere quiet to go where I don't have to talk to anyone, and also not having to put up with snoring, or having someone complain about me snoring!
The more I travel for work, the fussier I get as well. I'm writing this from my solitary hotel room in Beijing..... and I'm annoyed that although I'm on the executive floor, Ive only got a small room. I wanted the one that's double this size, with the huge bathroom, walk in wardrobe, better views etc etc...
I could never cope with sharing!

Pen

sleeping in the same room as someone you don't really know well
I think it's outrageous that a company would even expect you to share a room with a colleague.
I'm not fussy with cleanliness, but I refuse to share with someone from work.... For me its about having somewhere quiet to go where I don't have to talk to anyone
Amen!
out come the wet ones to clean handles, remotes etc., my own pillow case, sheet, towel etc. I think I make life difficult for myself. :(
You can get tablets for that... ;) :D

Back