Sharpest contrast between poor / rich neighboring suburbs?

I was just looking on the Brisbane map and marveled at how Stretton is next to Woodridge (admittedly divided by some forest).

For anyone that doesn't know the two, Stretton is possibly the most prestigious suburb in the south, where you have stunning properties worth probably in the region of 5 million, maybe more? The only other area that I could think of that could rival these houses are some of the behemoths in Robertson.

Neighboring this is Woodridge, which in contrast is known for being one of the worst areas in the south.

What other examples can you guys think of?

Nothing quite that extreme but Dunedin st Sunnybank and Beenleigh rd towards Bradman st.
A couple of minutes drive apart but one is a million dollar plus street minimum and the other is budget buying

Not as dramatic, but the canal estates at Newport on the Redcliffe peninsula adjoining Deception Bay and Kippa Ring.

One contrast I always wonder about is Beuna Vista Avenue in Coorparoo, where there are multi-million dollar homes with panoramic city views, big money, and it runs straight into Capella Street where the houses in the immediate vicinity are fibro and look like housing commission (probably not now though, and clearly would benefit from being so close to a big money street).

Back