Shipping Container House

ive researched homes that are the same dimensions as a shipping container

They are ex Chima come fully built with double glazing, fully tiled wet areas and granite kitchens built to meet the BCA.

Cost is around $1000m2

Hate to say this, but I think I saw these on ACA or some other similar show. I was impressed. Like a kit home from China, made out of shipping containers.
I'm very interested in the concept. It's the only thing I've seen over the past few years that's made me rethink my "I'll never own a PPOR" strategy.

Here is another one I like. From memory I think its in Thailand (didn't save the URL address). Not too shabby I think. Sorry about the BIG pictures, I cant remember how I posted the pictures in the original post. Anyone care to remind me?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i didnt see the aca but doubt its the same ones. These are not shipping containers they are just the same dimensions. They come completed!! Require footing and install services and depending on taste need some roof treatment.

I have photos but dont know how to posy pm and i can email or someone tell me how to post

Some small stuff.......click on pics to see more.

well you wanted small......

suppose this one has cheap roof construction. wouldn't mind another window or three.

the aussie outback box. suppose it has some bushfire and theft prevention built in. great little weekender.

german students idea of solar powered.....produce 200% of the energy it requires.....

another great weekender....would like to see inside a bit better.
looks so easy to pick up and takeaway. would have to chain and bolt it down if in a remote location methinks.......click on pic for more pics.

That Gypsy, stage coach, kinda thang.....think I'd prefer a caravan...
more from tinyhousedesign.com if you click on the pic.

and what every small house needs.....

_tango_electric_car_2.jpg

Wow, love that little car but its very expensive....looked it up.
Anyway got a really good shipping container house here. Have to say I'm thinking about making it my new favorite.....

Actually its a pre fab .... but still shipping containerish.....

prefab-container-home-drop.jpg

prefab-container-home-drop4.jpg

prefab-container-home-drop3.jpg

See the next post for plans of this one

Some of these places are awesome. I could imagine buying a block of land far away for cheap, just for a little get away, and putting one of these container houses on it.

Wow stoked to find this thread as this is exactly where I am headed with a project in Japan where I hope to spend the Northern winters. I should be in my little 2x2 place for about $125K incl the land. Maybe even less depending on the fit out. I've started chatting with an architect in the US with experinece in these and will be in Japan next month to look at the land and potientally buy.

I have a heap of pics but have always used photobucket but now live in China and its a PITA to use here so how do I load up the pics so they are nice and small until you click on them.

Kamak, that one in Winstons post # 24 (the aussie outback box) is really good.
It was designed by a bloke called Drew Heath. Based in Sydney. He's an architect who builds. He's done lots of great, small things.

will try this

Attachments

• 1x300.jpg
    1x300.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 2+-WEEKEND-HOUSE-by-Jure-Kotnik-Architects-Shipping-Container-Architecture-2-600x899.jpg
    2+-WEEKEND-HOUSE-by-Jure-Kotnik-Architects-Shipping-Container-Architecture-2-600x899.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 6-Leger-Wanaselja-3-container-home.jpg
    6-Leger-Wanaselja-3-container-home.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 180
some more pics

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 26597-1_O.jpg
    26597-1_O.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 185