shipyourenemiesglitter.com

pretty funny situation - but on a serious note...this could potentially payoff for somebody?

At $80k, even at the claimed 20,000 buyers so far and growing, thats almost $200k in revenue....though it will likely die down fast...could this be a quick buck for some risk taker? :D:D

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/demand-forces-aussie-entrepreneur-behind-shipyourenemiesglittercom-to-sell-the-website/story-fn9evb64-1227190807986

https://flippa.com/3783970-20-000-in-sales-and-2-5-million-visits-in-4-days-hugely-popular-viral-site

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

Saw this.
Funnily enough it was after I had considered using their services on my unsuspecting brother currently residing in Canada.
Trick is to get in before these things go public, as once they do they very rarely last.
In saying that Facebook still seems to be around

Saw this.
Funnily enough it was after I had considered using their services on my unsuspecting brother currently residing in Canada.
Trick is to get in before these things go public, as once they do they very rarely last.
In saying that Facebook still seems to be around
There's no way this would ever go public, it can be replicated too easily

Good on him - A laugh transformed into US$85K. Smart move to sell it off while the interest is high and it's trending imo. Can't forsee this being the 'hip' or 'fun' thing to do in a year... (and I bet the postal service will get irritated as well!)

Good on him - A laugh transformed into US$85K. Smart move to sell it off while the interest is high and it's trending imo. Can't forsee this being the 'hip' or 'fun' thing to do in a year... (and I bet the postal service will get irritated as well!)

Agree with the first part but a good amount of money could ve made imo. Simple idea but hilarious, I know I am keen to use it

Not sure why you think australia post would be unhappy, they need the business atm and this could be lucrative for them too

Agree with the first part but a good amount of money could ve made imo. Simple idea but hilarious, I know I am keen to use it

Not sure why you think australia post would be unhappy, they need the business atm and this could be lucrative for them too

I feel the need to do my bit..............

...........so sanj, what's your address? :p

pinkboy

I'm too frugal to pay someone else $10 to send an envelope on my behalf. I can do it myself for about $1.

For $1 ypu could buy glitter, a cardboard container of some kind that I assume would be spring loaded, get an envelope and then pay for postage?

Of course you can Sanj, just don't put a stamp on the envelope - that'll save you 70 cents just to start.

Better still, reuse an envelope sent by the person who you're looking to glitter and put RTS on the front - envelope problem solved.

Alright Sanj, $2 then. I hadn't figured on the springy cardboard thing, I thought they just sent an envelope with glitter in it. I have a BIL who imports things from China all the time. I'm sure I could acquire a lot of those springy cardboard thingees for less than a dollar each, if I wanted to, which I don't.

Pedant

problem is the site is still down due to overwhelming demand.
I would love to send this to a co-worker who used to leave glitter all over the damned place :cool:
and without my handwriting

Sure its a unique idea, but I wouldnt consider it particularly hard to copy?

If the regular site is down due to traffic, you'd think it won't be long before someone starts up an identical site & before you know it you've got competition driving down the prices.

Unless they've patented the idea..... which I doubt.

For $1 ypu could buy glitter, a cardboard container of some kind that I assume would be spring loaded, get an envelope and then pay for postage?

Pretty sure it's just glitter, inside a note, in a standard envelope.

Cost of postage 70c, an envelope, a sheet of notepaper & a bit of glitter. This would come to around $1-1.20 all up.

I actually saw a banner ad on a website today for a similar-but-different glitter revenge -type website (can't remember the name, now) and thought, "oh, the copycats have started..."

Back