Short term rental

Hello all.
Calling on your collective experience.
Going to Victoria for hols this year for about 6 weeks. Tourist accomodation for that length of time over Christmas hols gets expensive. Looking at the option of short term flat rental. After all, don't require mod cons, view etc. Will be out and about most of the time. I've called a couple of real estate agents and they don't rent out short term. ie 3 - 6 weeks. I thought surely some places would take longer to rent so this might be an option for landlords in the meantime. Plus considering the circumstances, offering a higher weekly rental would be a bonus to the landlord. No go so far.
Anyone who can pass on their advice, knowledge and experience with regard to this situation would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Tony
ps if you know of any cheap accomodation options that involve a roof over your head(for Victoria) please advise.

Ptony

The problem is that you require furnished accommodation, so anyone with vacant premises would need to find you a bed, tv, couch, etc plus linen, crockery, cooking utensils, etc.

YMCA and various backpackers are of good quality in Melbourne, I would suggest you have a look at the various options available, that way you are not tied to staying around the City, and can take off for the great ocean road, phillip island, etc., all of which have backpackers and onsite caravan and cabins available. Being the holiday season it would be advisable to book in advance.

Chris

Back