should I add a new air con split system

I bought an IP around 13 yrs ago and the air con system was old. I thought back then that it should be replaced.

I have new tenants in the house and paying top level rent. They havent asked for a new air con system but cant decide if I should pay for one or not.

I recently refinaced my loan and have additional funds. A new split system can be depreciated.

I usually put the rent up each year by $10 a week increase minimum.

The tenants have a gas heater in the lounge room already. I wonder if they will even use an air con in the summer.

The prices could be around 1500 to 2k for a split sys plus installation 750.

I have other plans to remove and replace an old garage and maybe install an ensuite.

What do you think?

you want to know if you should replace a working air con for tenants that haven't asked it to be replaced... am I missing something? In this economy I would be preserving cash unless necessary

you want to know if you should replace a working air con for tenants that haven't asked it to be replaced... am I missing something? In this economy I would be preserving cash unless necessary

agreed

either save cash, it will fail one day and replace it then.

or if they have been there a while and are good tenants see if there's something inparticular they want. that will improve the property for future tenants

it might make them stay longer as happier tenants.

Back