Should I sell my Kedron, QLD, 4120 unit for a loss?

Researchers and data indicates it is at the bottom; I think it will start to move upwards steadily; not a huge upsurge as we have seen in previous years
I doubt we'll start to see any sustained capital growth in property for many years to come.

Finance data shows lending is still at/near record lows.
Auction data is abysmal.
Stock on market is still elevated.
Transaction volume is well below 5 year averages.

What data is indicating a bottom?

If it was me I would dump it and aim at paying down the debts ASAP. It's just going to be a constant drain on your finances.

:) TomW - I was offering a succinct comment - I can offer a protracted thesis on the matter however just wanted to give a succinct response to the question; my apologies = I did not endeavour to imply that that was the final word on the matter as there are diverse viewpoints from may SS members that are all valid and valuable

Will be interesting to refer back to this thread in three years time to identify if there was some gradual growth as I suggested as from 2012 and not the sharp growth we have previously experienced

:) TomW - I was offering a succinct comment - I can offer a protracted thesis on the matter however just wanted to give a succinct response to the question; my apologies = I did not endeavour to imply that that was the final word on the matter as there are diverse viewpoints from may SS members that are all valid and valuable

Apologies my response was a bit flippant.

Anyway for what it's worth (if any of us are still around in 3 years) my prediction is in 3 years the median house/apartment price in queensland won't have grown in real terms.

Will be interesting to refer back to this thread in three years time to identify if there was some gradual growth as I suggested as from 2012 and not the sharp growth we have previously experienced
Yes it will be. Can do that now as well.

How about this thread about Brisbane, from October 2007 no less It's time to sell property

As always there will be those who nailed it and those who missed the mark, from chance or skill we will only guess, and those who profited and those who were merely 'right' about some prediction might easily pass each other like ships in the night with very little risk of meeting.

I got the whole of the 'half empty' glass of water (still half a glass!) thrown at me in another forum for predicting that 2012 will be a lot better year than 2011 in Brisbane, which when you think about it is such an underwhelming statement that it makes you wonder about the level of pessimism around.

Back