Should we fund barbiatric surgery

Hi Kathryn, I agree with all that you've said, except this. Maybe it's different in Nova Scotia, but when I was growing up, we definitely did more exercise than kids do today (on average I mean).

We weren't sat inside all day watching telly or playing video games, we were always outside playing. Don't see many kids outside playing these days.

I'm sure one thing most of us can relate to is mum saying 'What are doing in here? It's a beautiful day, get outside!'

We didn't bike to school..we took the school bus..which picked us up in front of our house.
After school, we watched tv..did home work..went to bed.

On weekends, it was usually a sleepover at a friends house, or she came to my home. Play was nothing unusual...dolls, board games,easy bake oven, ...

Coke, potato chips, chocolate bars were occasional.
Fast food...non-existent.

Interestingly, today was reading an article and it mentioned "food poverty in a period of abundance".

Basically it came down to that most foods, nowadays, are so nutritionally poor - even when "healthy" and fresh (forced grown with artificial fertilizers, hydroponic etc) that it leaves the body craving more food to try and get the required nutrients - leading to overeating ... let alone adding in fast/fried foods.

I admit it sparked a realisation ... if I eat out of my vege garden (organically grown) I realised I am not hungry, on less food, right through until breakfast.

If I eat shop bought veges, I find I'm peckish again before bedtime and generally head for the ice cream or chocolate.

Back