Should you always start low?

Thanks Andew_T that makes sense. So overall i think there are pros and cons for both, i guess if your prepared to take a risk with a more expensive property, the rewards are greater (should you pick the right property and area :p )

IMO, buy what you can afford - no more, but you can go less.

I was once given (what I consider bad) advice "Bite off more than you can chew, and then chew like hell!" Lucky I didn't follow this path or I'm the one would have been bitten!

You have to be comfortable with your purchase/debt. Getting advice from others who consider your purchase "too expensive" are offering that advice through their own experience (or lack thereof). This is YOUR decision - YOU have to be comfortable with it. Getting opinions from others is great, but the decision is yours alone.

Your own circumstances (financial, relationship, attitude) will dictate the path.

Sometimes a Vendor will price a property too low.
On those properties we don't try to low ball.We just want to make sure we are the ones who get the deal first.

Other times the price might be a bit higer than you want to pay, but you may have conditions you need met.(financing, settlement etc)

Every property will dictate how you will approach it.
Usually the best deals will be the hardest to attain for you.Might not in monetary terms, but in overcoming zoning, etc.

Back