Shower door - replacement "edge strip"

Hi

I'm not sure if the terminology is correct, but I have a framless glass shower
enclosure, that sits over a tiled floor.

On the bottom of the door is something like a weather strip, that just helps prevent water escaping out of the enclosure.

The strip has basically worn away, and i'm not sure what to replace it with, or where to find it - anyone able to help?

Many thanks

Neil

Yeah, we've got one of those too - but the strip is not worn out. How about calling a shower screen place nearby - they should have plenty :). Those joints usually do BIRs as well.

Neil

Mr Minx can probably give you an answer, though may need a photo.

I'll ask him tonight for you. (It's part of what he does for a living).

Neil

Strip should simply pull off. You may need a small block of wood or something plastic to help get it off (tapping it, I think). DO NOT use a screwdriver or anything metal if it won't move, as you run the risk of shattering the door. If you can't get it off by pulling and tapping, you'll need a glazier.

If however that works (it should), take the strip to a glazing company and they'll give you what you need to replace it and it simply slots/pushes back into place. Easy peasy, he tells me!

Hope that helps.

Neil

Strip should simply pull off. You may need a small block of wood or something plastic to help get it off (tapping it, I think). DO NOT use a screwdriver or anything metal if it won't move, as you run the risk of shattering the door. If you can't get it off by pulling and tapping, you'll need a glazier.

If however that works (it should), take the strip to a glazing company and they'll give you what you need to replace it and it simply slots/pushes back into place. Easy peasy, he tells me!

Hope that helps.

Cheer Minx

I'll give it a go !

Neil

Yeah, we've got one of those too - but the strip is not worn out. How about calling a shower screen place nearby - they should have plenty :). Those joints usually do BIRs as well.

Hi Alan

I actually gave one place a call, and they were so dis-interested it wasn't true :mad:

Unless I wanted the whole enclose replaced it seems it wasn't worth their while.
I'll try another couple, just in case this was a one off!

Neil

In Sydney I got refills from Estelle (spelling ?) Pty Ltd
they had in stock matching profiles for hundreds of seals
walked in, walked out happy

Somewhere in StClair

Back