shower screens

Check out ebay and list the items in order of distance from your postcode. You may not necessarily buy from here, but they are often supplied by wholesalers, and you can visit their wharehouse to see for yourself.

Richard

HEY old mate almost all shower screens are differant ie size, shape etc if the walls in the bathroom are not square it will be very difficult to match the glass cut, i am a miser more than most if i could get the shower screens cheaper i would! best bet get a measure , quote and a measure quote and fit, you may problt find it is not worth your time in trying to drill into tiles, for the fitting price cheers!

Bathroom Supermart Pty Ltd

Unit 1/3349 Pacific Highway, Slacks Creek, QLD 4127

p: (07) 3208 1355 f: (07) 3208 2799

http://www.bathroomsupermart.net.au

ask them and they have a heap of different types of shower screens they can order in for you.

I am getting a foldable shower screen in 10mm glass (frameless) for $305, and I will install my self. much better than the $700+ other places wanted.

Ben

Ben
Whats your timeframe to do them

Craig
Got some glass mob coming around next week. Also my tiler said he had a few companies - at least I know he's starting in 2 weeks!

Thanks to Debt Junkie, with the stegbar - circa product style selector - bathroom option 4. glass and some simple brackets to mount it.

From experience, the white framed stuff after a few years starts to gunk up in the corners so this will avoid it (the maid seems to miss this).

I ordered the shower screen last week, and they say they are around a 1 week leadtime. They only have standard sizes, so if you need something custom made, you would have to check if they can do this.

As for installing it, from what I have seen its only a 1-2hr job tops. Its just drilling a few screw holes, and then sealing it with silicone.

Ben

As for installing it, from what I have seen its only a 1-2hr job tops. Its just drilling a few screw holes, and then sealing it with silicone.

Ben

I hope you realise how heavy 10mm glass is, you will also need a few suction cups to lift in to place, I do nearly all the work I legally can when do reno's but install frameless 10mm screens is one thing I always leave to the pro's, it's not worth the stress. If it's in a few small parts it may not be too bad.

the shower screen I am getting is for a shower over bath, so its only essentially a pane of glass, 1450m high x 900 w x 10mm thick. Its in 2 pieces, a 1450 x 550mm fixed pane, and a 350 x 1450 pane thats on hinges. According to my calcs the fixed pane is arouns 20 - 25kg of glass. So although its heavy, I think between me and my partner, we will be able to hold it in place to mark out the screw positions.

I am used to carrying around heavy fish tanks a few years ago, and I even built my own 90 x 60 x 60 fish tank using 10mm glass. So I am aware of how heavy it can be (the fish tank above was 70kg of glass alone)

Ben

Back