SIG Meeting January 31st - Guests Ed Chan and Tony Melvin

Hi Guys,
For the next meeting we have lined up great guest speakers -
Ed Chan and Tony Melvin.

When - Tuesday January 31st 7pm - for a 730pm start.

Where :
Where: Roxbury Hotel, 172 St Johns Road, Glebe.
http://www.roxbury.com.au/

Numbers: Up to 80 persons.

Some background:
Their book has been discussed in great length here
- the book is "How to legally reduce your tax".
From my point of view the "Property Investors Trust" looks very inviting - and I would like to ask Ed and Tony to explain that in more detail :D

May I suggest people when you put down your booking - you may want to ask a question as well? (that will help Ed and Tony perhaps expand further) Seeing as though (as investors) we LOVE the extra detail :)

How Do I Get on the List: Post Here on this Thread your name and numbers (limit of 4) and it is first in, best dressed.

Please note - as Roxbury are now asking for money for Projector Hire - please deposit $2 in the jar at the door. Any excess money will go towards coffee/tea/biscuits.
Looking forward to seeing all newbies and regulars for networking afterwards.

Ar..........gh! I have just resigned from a committee that meets on 2nd Tuesday and joined a non-profit board in the new year and it meets on the last Tuesday of the month! Would like to come to the SIG meeting in January but it looks like the timing is against me again.

Hi,

Two for me please Perky.

Trusts are a topic I've been trying to get my head around for a while. My question is the obvious simple one: "Which trust is best suited for investors (both shares and property) and what benefits can it deliver?" Closely followed by: "What is the most cost effective way of getting this trust establised?"

Thanks Perky,
Michael.

1 for me please (it will be my first time at sig, should I bring a cig for after? ;)

oh yeah my questions,

1 same as michealwhite

2 what are the rules with distributing income from trusts to "benevolent" institutions? (ie churches etc - not necessarily registered charities)

One please. As for questions - I'm sure all will be flushed out by Ed and others. Interested to hear on more funky structures besides the standard one layer DT, HDTs and units.

Back