SIG Meeting March 28th - Dale Gatherum-Goss- Bookings in this thread

MichaelWhyte said:
Dave,

If you need me to check names at the door, then can you please print a list of attendees and bring it along tonight.

Cheers,
Michael.

Freaky, I am just doin that now - and I get to the last page and see your message.
Twilight zone.............

unable to attend tonite :(

hi all,

Due to urgent issue i have to be elsewhere tonite.
I would have to cancel my seat.

Anyone, pls feel free to jump in the seat.

Hi all,

I am also unable to make it tonight, as I have been called into work.

Occupational hazard in my line of work.

Sorry. I am sure my place will be used by someone as keen to hear Dale speak as I was.

:(

Seech,

As Dale is an accounted and has written about trusts, you would expect that to be the topic of the night and the technical aspects being discussed.

Dale actually steered away from this subject and instead talked about the importance of having clear goals and aligning your actions with these goals. He also kept the whole affair to about an hour, and at no time did he tried to push his own agenda. If anything he was somewhat humble in his presentation.

He did state his prefered method of investing when pushed, but stated that it was not the only way.

Not at all what I was expecting, however did give me time to think about what we're doing and the fact that our decisions are not always in line with the stated goal.

Regards

Andrew

What I got out of Dale's talk was the importance of focussing on goals, setting timelines to achieve such goals, and not getting sidetracked along the way with investments that don't suit us or seem "too good to be true".

Investing can even become boring at times, and occasionally we search for something more exciting or adventurous to fill that need. Not always a good idea, though, and something that we all need to be aware of on our journey.

Dale impresses me with his own focus (has his retirement time all mapped out down to months!) inner calm and commonsense. His talk may not have been what we were expecting, but it was great to have another point of view from a highly respected forum member. Thanks Dale :)

I enjoyed Dales talk (reminds me of a smaller Gordon Elliott). My wife also enjoyed it as she thought it was going to be another accountant talking facts and figures and as it was quite the opposite, was impressed.

Regardless of how focused someone may think they are, I believe that it's always good to hear someone talking of different strategies or goals if for nothing else than just to give you a kick in the backside or maybe to get you thinking a bit differently.

Thanks for your talk Dale and yes, "I am wealthier" from it.

Regards
Marty

It was excellent to hear a different slant on investing that Dale presented us with last Tuesday. He could have easily filled a couple of hours with topics of taxation, trust, etc, but I think he chose a vital aspect of investment that is perhaps trickier to learn than the technical skills like research, finance, figures. I also appreciated hearing someone like Dale, accountant, discussing how he sets his own goals and gave us an insight into his philosophy of wealth creation.

Well done, Dale, and thank you for your openess.

Thanks

Hi All,

I'd just to publicly thank Dale for his generosity, both in his time and the "Wealth Sabotage" CD.

Thanks again
Steve

Back