SIG Meeting Monday June 16th 2008 - Victor Kumar

its been good to meet up with fellow prop investor. got a few good pointer from Victor and enjoyed it very much. looking forward to the next meeting. if there is one, i'm in. :)

Thanks all for such a interesting night.

It was so nice to meet you guys, some faces were completely different from what I imagined (real one was better :) )

that shows I can't trust my imagination any more :D

see you next time

Myself and the girlfriend enjoyed the presentation, and we definitely took away a few nuggets of information to add to our knowledge base of investing.

We really liked the idea of advertising to the "PETS ALLOWED" renters - would be a good strategy for a depressed rental market too.

It's a shame we couldnt stay to try and meet some of you guys, but we had to leave pretty much straight away.

We'll definitely be there for the next SIG meeting.

Thank you for turning Up

Hi All

Thank you for turning up on an otherwise rainy night to help me share my experiences. I enjoyed interacting with switched on people and as i was not able to get to everyone with regards to their questions, feel free to contact me on the numbers on my card.

Just a word of caution, you need to check with your support team whether information you received last night applies to your specific circumstances, as everyone's goal and situation is different.

Happy investing

Hi All

Thank you for turning up on an otherwise rainy night to help me share my experiences. I enjoyed interacting with switched on people and as i was not able to get to everyone with regards to their questions, feel free to contact me on the numbers on my card.

Just a word of caution, you need to check with your support team whether information you received last night applies to your specific circumstances, as everyone's goal and situation is different.

Happy investing

Victor I did have one question which I didn't think of last night, what banks do you generally deal with that are investor friendly / happy to revalue shortly after settlement, will let you use private valuations from their panel valuers etc. etc. This is a pretty broad question, but a broad answer may apply. .

Thanks

Stu

Victor I did have one question which I didn't think of last night, what banks do you generally deal with that are investor friendly / happy to revalue shortly after settlement, will let you use private valuations from their panel valuers etc. etc. This is a pretty broad question, but a broad answer may apply. .

Thanks

Stu

Stu

It is the mainstream banks, and I make sure my applications go to particular credit officers, who i have educated over the years to understand the strategy. When funding wasnt so hard, we used mortgage managers for this as well, as they are always brilliant to deal with within the scope of their lending parameters.
Given todays market, most lenders prefer to control the valuations.

Thanks to Victor for giving up his time, and David and Karina for organising the night- great to also see some new faces (and old!) and look forward to seeing you all at the social event at Baulkham Hills - see Sim's post about meetups for more info.

Yes thanks for organising the night, it was an excellent talk by Victor, well worth listening to - in fact I have listened to it twice since (thanks to Sim' for recording it and making it available).

Hi Guys, just interested to know when and where is the next SIG meeting?

I don't think it has been announced yet. Keep an eye on the Meeting Point forum for announcements, and you can also sign up to Meetup.com: Sydney Investor Meetup, where Perky will be posting announcements about SIG meetings too (although none have been posted yet).

Back