SIG Meeting on August 15th - please post your reservation here

Sorry for last minute cancellation but scrub my 2 please.

I'm sure it will be a very informativen night. Can somebody take some notes please :D

N.

A big thanks again to David for organising yet another SIG :)

Despite the poorer turnout (due to slippery hail-filled Inner West roads) it was an interesting night and I, for one, added a few tidbits to my "toolbox" of knowledge (nice analogy compliments of Michael Gruber) that warrant further investigation, thanks to the variety of investors present.

Thanks too to Debbie (aka Skater) for the yummy snacks and to all those who braved the perilous road conditions to make the night. Hopefully we all went home a little more informed or at least curious enough to follow up on something we intend to learn more about.

i'd like to echo jacque - fabulous organising by dave and it was rather hard to shut the brain down afterwards, from taking in all the info and views of the others ... made me have another look at our situation and see what comes next.

great night and i really wish i'd been able to stay later and mingle but i didn't get home until after midnight as it was.

only a couple of suggestions - perhaps not have such a large panel, or less set questions as there really wasn't time for many questions from the floor after the set questions were answered. there was so much experience on the panel but we only managed to cover subdivision and wrapping with "floor" questions - which some on the panel may not have had input with, but they had so much knowledge in other areas that i would loved to have heard.

Yep, good point Lizzie. Next time we will have less questions, and maybe less panel members. I thought the mix of different perspectives worked a treat though :D
Thanks (and some kudos :D ) to the six panel members who sat with me to answer the questions.
As Jacque said, thanks to all who attended.
Thats 3 months in a row of really wierd weather conditiions at Glebe each time (last time we had pouring rain and leaky roof , the time before that a fierce storm). How very strange !!

Thankyou to David and everyone on the panel. It was fantastic to be sitting in the audience and listening to everyone's stories and opinions.

Has motivated me to maybe do a small subdivision /development and learn something new.

Looking foward to the next "panel" David !

I would also like to say thanks for organising and thanks to all of the panel. It was interesting to get different people from different backgrounds with different strategies :) (hmm that doesn't really make sense?)

But I second Lizzie's comments, that more question time would have been good. Especially considering subdividing, developing and wraps are things many of us don't use (yet)

Regards

Luke

I also had a great night. Maybe Lizzie was right that the number of questions could maybe be cut down a little. It was good that there was a nice mix of people & perspectives. It has also made me think again about the potential sub-divisions we currently hold, but have been too side-tracked to do anything about them as yet.

Looking forward to the next one.

Agreed, excellent night! Thanks to Dave for organising and to the panel for taking the time to share their experiences with us all.

I really enjoyed the meeting but agree with Liz that a smaller panel (maybe two people, three tops) plus a half a dozen broad questions might do it. Then throw it open to the floor for a nice in depth Q&A session.

But a great night nonetheless!

Thanks!!

Michael.

Hi,

I don't know about you guys, but I got lot out of last night. Yuch and I have been sitting on a couple of places that could be subdivided and I'm now really motivated to do something about it (as long as it does diverge my energy too much of course).

Looking forward to that sub-div checklist!

I've also attached a copy of a questionaire/form I recently re-did (I've updated it as we've started looking again).

It's fairly generic, add/remove whatever you want.

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• questionaire.doc
    52 KB · Views: 74
michaelg said:
Yep, working on it - want to make sure it's correct :)

I had a great night. It got me motivated too - heheh. I've got to get working on my dual occ design... want to get it into Council.

Thanks to David for hosting and thanks to Jacque, Bargain Hunter, Skater, Lizzie and Michael for their company.

Glad it was a great night Your panel was something to be enviuos of.
So everyone reckons that there was not enought time for all the questions or too many questions.Well how about putting a few of the questions on the forum for us all to contribute and learn from.Or restrict the answers to the panel members.
cheers yadreamin

michaelg said:
Quick update on checklist. It's going to be a lot longer than I originally planned so may be a week or so coming but it'll be worth it :)

Back