Signature Guidelines

Hi,

I was told by a mod recently that 'signature guidelines' allow for no more than two links, however I still have been unable to find where this rule is written. I've checked the terms of use and the faq, but can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Can someone show me where all the rules are? And specifically the rules about signatures?

I was totally unaware of that rule so there could be others that I've missed too.

Thanks,
Ian

I'm not sure it is actually written down. Many of the minor rules we enforce are unwritten (or haven't yet been written down). We discuss issues between the moderators and generally come to a consensus as to how we are going to deal with them.

I wouldn't get too worried about missing these minor rules, the important ones are written down - and we'll let you know (privately) if there is anything else that needs attention. Some of the rules are not black-and-white and require a degree of judgement on our part, which makes it difficult to adequately describe.

In this particular case, signatures with links are something we allow people to show on their posts, despite our strict no-advertising policy. Occasionally we need to remind people not to go overboard with the links, especially those of a commercial nature. The alternative would be to disallow links in sigs altogether.

In this particular case, signatures with links are something we allow people to show on their posts, despite our strict no-advertising policy. Occasionally we need to remind people not to go overboard with the links, especially those of a commercial nature. The alternative would be to disallow links in sigs altogether.

Fair enough. I had 2+2 (commercial-ish and hobby-ish). I decided to remove the hobby links. If anyone wants to know about my music or my currency trading, PM me.

Back