Significant/Regulated Trees on development block - advice please

Hi,
I looked at a property within Marion council SA on the weekend that was being sold with "development potential". When I got there I noticed a nice 30m high gum tree in the middle of the back yard, about 15m from the rear of a 45m deep block. Following a look through the development plan and a phone call to council later I came to the conclusion that the tree is significant/regulated and cannot be removed. If the tree was to remain the size of the dwellings you could build would be significantly impacted. Based on this I chose not to place an offer.

When I explained this to the agent she said that she had several other offers, some from developers, one developer even working two houses down. Am I missing something here, assuming the agent was telling the truth? Are there ways around the sig tree hurdle that dont involve poison that Im unaware of? :eek:Any advice would be appreciated.
Colin

Hi,
I looked at a property within Marion council SA on the weekend that was being sold with "development potential". When I got there I noticed a nice 30m high gum tree in the middle of the back yard, about 15m from the rear of a 45m deep block. Following a look through the development plan and a phone call to council later I came to the conclusion that the tree is significant/regulated and cannot be removed. If the tree was to remain the size of the dwellings you could build would be significantly impacted. Based on this I chose not to place an offer.

When I explained this to the agent she said that she had several other offers, some from developers, one developer even working two houses down. Am I missing something here, assuming the agent was telling the truth? Are there ways around the sig tree hurdle that dont involve poison that Im unaware of? :eek:Any advice would be appreciated.
Colin

Just because the numbers dont work for you dont get spooked if others are willing to pay more. There are plenty of morons out there paying far too much, perth has been like that for well over a year as well.

Having said that, all the agent mentioned was that there are offers, they could be low offers taking into account the financial implication of working around the tree/s

Back