Simple Investment Property App

Hi Everyone,

While looking for my last Investment Property, I used a fairly simple excel spreadsheet to give me an idea if a property was positive/negative geared and by how much per week/month etc.

I couldnt find anything like it in App Store or Google Play so I'm considering making it for the greater world (if anyone likes it).
Tried to make it simple and in short, put in purchase price, expected rent, property costs etc and it will give you an end positive/negative figure. There's a 'set up' page to play around with the variables if you want.

I've currently got a sample of it online and keen to get feedback to see what people think. Click Here to give it a shot.

Dont judge me on the colours. . :). . . . it's just a prototype for now.
Jay

Not bad Jay... Basically pretty good to begin with, I'm interested to see what other sorts of coments\reccomendations are forthcoming..... How do you change the 'fees' value?

How does your purchasing costs work? The number on a recent purchase dont add up at all... funds required for me on a current purchase total was $33k inc LMI and stamps, yours comes in at 40k...

WHen I put in 10% deposit, purchasing cost is less than 10%?

Cool app tho!

Thanks for the feedback Dog and DaveM
If you mean the 'Agent Fees' I've based that on an automatic 7% of the rental income but the % can be changed in the 'set up' tab. Just change the yes/no tab and it calculates.

If you mean purchasing costs fees, it's currently a free text field.
I'm tossing up whether or not make it automatically calculate stamp duty just because there's a lot of variables, (states/off the plan etc etc) and I would have to continually update it to ensure its right. There's a few other apps out there that do it but I agree would be good if it did it all in one. I'll take that on board.

Improvements I'm personally thinking of are:
1. Calculating negative gearing tax benefits
2. Working across multiple properties

Last edited:
Hi Jay

That's a nifty app, I really like it. Was good to go in and change the details.

Will be good to have multiple properties calculated along with negative gearing. Also, what about joint ownership - if it can calculate the profit to joint owners as a percentage of their ownership.

Thank you !
Amelia

Hi

That is good. I have searched for the same for IOS and found some application available.

If it goes through Apple, which price so you plan to sell it for?

Regards

Hi Moon,
Keen to hear what iOS application there are similar to this, would save me time! I know of one call 'Property Investment calculator' but it doesn't give you are much control (in my opinion)

I'm thinking if it goes to the App Store of doing it for free, hence why I'm hesitant to add in stamp duty as it will require continual updating to maintain.

Hi

The one i have downloaded (they have a free version with one property, then $20 for premium and $40 for pro) is called Property Evaluator by Real Estate Tools.

If you go to the developpment you should charge something (maybe not $20)

There are other (Real Estate Flip - investing calculator, Property investment Calculator). But you can maybe add some value to those apps.

Good luck

Like it! I would be ok with paying a small fee for the App.

The link to easily find the relevant stamp duty while on the go, I believe is sufficient and already a great work around to you having to update and maintain that section.

Cheers and let us know when it is up and running :)

I'm not sure if there are any apps that do this but there are tonnes of software packages that do this both online and available for purchase.

Nice and simple app though

Thanks for all the feedback and makes me think I'm somewhat on the right direction. I'll take down the app and work on it and try to add some of those other features while still remaining simple.
Appreciate the feedback

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and I'll take my 'Work In Progess' back offline and try to add in some of those extra features while still remaining simple.

Really do appreciate the comments.

Back