Situation on another forum

OK, first point is that this is a tame forum, good. heres a story about another forum that i read only.

Now i play a sport, now we play in a division 1 and there are only 10 teams in the premier league that are on top of division 1.

2 years ago a new family joined this club, both M+D and son and daughter play the sport, now Dad, son and daughter all played division 1 from the club they came from, now they were all selected in our second side, stil division 1, our topside is division 1 too,

the night after the pie night, a brand new user posted along the lines of that the selectors had stuffed up and its the usual way the club is not giving a go to younger better players.

Now at the same time, we all blamed another second side player.

Since then , this person has made 40 posts, all against the club, also, theres another new username who writes simialar stuff against the club. again about 0 time in total over two years

So, during the week they wrote something about how our night side went, the only people whod know about it is the people who were there since they post was made 7 hours later at 550am, so this led the topside players and paid coached to question who it was. Now our topside is one of the closest in the state, all growing up together and no bitching whatsoever

After several investigations we do including reading every post that has been made, these two usernames are the same people as they login 1minute apart at 549am and 550am.

Now, the times they login coincide with the time they get home from work etc.

Over these two years, i have started going out with daughter from the family mentioned, about 1 year all up,

The person who we all belive it is is father fro the family.

Now that leads my long story to my question.

As i play with him in the night competition and see him a fair bit, how do i now treat him, do i confront him about it or just let it go?

There are 4 instances he has had a go at me personally on this other forum..

The sport is lawn bowls for those wondering

Last edited:
I would make sure its him before approaching or its going to be very ackward if its not and your going out with his daughter.

Anyway to check his computer?
If not how about setting him up alittle. Maybe let it slip in casual conversation that teamplayer x said this... or you heard teamplayer x is sleeping with y, something he would be interested in but not hurt anyone. You make it up as hearsay, tell no-one else, not a sole except him, and see if it gets posted on your forum.
If it doesn't work no harm done. Tell him it was just a rumour and turned out not to be true. If it's posted then you know for sure.

One night over a beer and barbie, just let on most of the club thinks he's the anon poster. The guy is obviously too silly to realize what a small fish bowl he is in.

The other thing is to get the mods to stop anon posting. Members have to confirm identity with scanned driver's licence or something. The is an increasingly popular move by forums. It drastically cuts down on spam and bad behaviour....

Loging in 1 minute apart doesn't actually proove anything :(

But how about asking the mods to compare the ip addresses & the email addresses of these two members?
You may possibly be able to see the email addresses yourself?
It is very possible for it to be the one person, and both the ip address & email addresses are different, but if either are the same, then you know for sure.

But more importantly than if the two forum members are the same person or not, we want to find out if at least one of them is the same guy as that at bowling.
I'm guessing that to play at the bowls club, you need to become a member?
I'm also guessing that becoming a member involves giving personal details such as an email address?
I bet whoever is running the club would be interested to check if any of the email addresses of the nasty users from the forum, match any of those given by the club members.

Make sure you also tell the club owner, that if the culprit is found, to let him have one more game before you cancel the membership. You can then fill the holes of his bowling ball with superglue, and film him landing on his face with your phone. You'd have to put it up on youtube for all forum members to see, including this forum :D

Make sure you also tell the club owner, that if the culprit is found, to let him have one more game before you cancel the membership. You can then fill the holes of his bowling ball with superglue, and film him landing on his face with your phone. You'd have to put it up on youtube for all forum members to see, including this forum :D

You never played Lawn Bowls I take it? :)

Wait a minute, they use those little balls like bocceline, not the big ones with the holes!

You can still cover the ball with superglue, and anchor a long steel cable into it. The other end of the cable can be attached to a car on the opposite end of the field... watching him slide along the grass at 60 km/h into the balls at the other end would make for a cool little youtube video I think :D

it's a game. opinions are opinions, why let politics ruin the fun?

leave people to be inside their little walnut shells - it's easier.

thanks guys for the responses.

he wont be approached by me, but if t keeps going someone will have a word to him,

Vincenzo, on this forum there are only a small amount of active posters, at that time they logged in, most of the posters wold be in bed, plus the two posters only talk about the one thing.

Loging in 1 minute apart doesn't actually proove anything :(

But how about asking the mods to compare the ip addresses & the email addresses of these two members?
You may possibly be able to see the email addresses yourself?
It is very possible for it to be the one person, and both the ip address & email addresses are different, but if either are the same, then you know for sure.

While for the most part this would be correct, it is not always the case. Before Lil got a laptop, she used to log into my computer as soon as I logged out, post stuff, then hand the computer back to me when she had finished. Although she did have her own email address, she was using my computer, hence the same ip.

Gee it was good when she got a laptop.:D

...Before Lil got a laptop, she used to log into my computer as soon as I logged out, post stuff, then hand the computer back to me when she had finished. Although she did have her own email address, she was using my computer, hence the same ip...

Ahh yes, this is another possible scenario... explains things quite well actually...

I'm guessing that you and lil skater have taken turns logging on to other websites aswell? Such as email, msn, facebook, or even other forums?
Maybe a lawn bowls forum perhaps?

Ahh yes, this is another possible scenario... explains things quite well actually...

I'm guessing that you and lil skater have taken turns logging on to other websites aswell? Such as email, msn, facebook, or even other forums?
Maybe a lawn bowls forum perhaps?

Yes! That's it! We did take turns all the time. It was exhausting because she would hover over the top of me until I gave up and gave her the computer. Hence she got her own.

We both love to stalk lawn bowls forums too.:rolleyes:

While for the most part this would be correct, it is not always the case. Before Lil got a laptop, she used to log into my computer as soon as I logged out, post stuff, then hand the computer back to me when she had finished. Although she did have her own email address, she was using my computer, hence the same ip.

Gee it was good when she got a laptop.:D

Haha yeh I had thought of this alternative but didn't post...imo it still (99% of the time) narrows it down to the same household...

Back