Six figure deposit and want to get into Sydney property market

JH

you really have no idea what you are doing .

so some where has jumped 43 % and now you want someone to buy there .

Seriously

WTF !!

Cliff

No Cliff,
I don't say that it is good to buy in Schofield at the moment. But the area next to it like I said.

Riverstone , Ropes Crossings and Marsden Park in the Northwest
Glenfields, Edmondson Park, Airds and Oran Park in the Southwest.

The ripple effect will certainly works great along with the NSW Government infrastructure project like WestConnex and Norwest train station.

While in the Southwest, Badgery Creek and Southwest business park are one of the main drivers for growth.

So Cliff, tell me what's wrong with those aspect ?

Glenfields, Edmondson Park, Airds and Oran Park in the Southwest.

Many South Western suburbs haven't had the excessive growth of the North West so IMO they could have less room to fall in a downturn, but Glenfield is not one of those suburbs ( its already too expensive)

Ingleburn (which is next to it) offers better value IMO and particularly for townhouses.

Why do you need to buy anything at all?,
We should not jump in because of FOMO ( fear of missing out).

Hey guys,

Love this forum, so much knowledge... so hoping to get some insight into following question:

I have a six figure deposit saved up to invest in property. Keen to get into the Sydney market, however it is kinda hectic out there! So should I....

a) just bite the bullet and buy first investment property in Sydney market?
b) Keep saving until 2018 and hope for massive market correct in Sydney?

Hoping to get some guidance and advice from seasoned investors on this fine
forum

Cheers

Rob

I dont think its a good time to buy residental property in Sydney in all honesty. The value is basically not there and you've basically missed the last boom phase. If however, you can find a massively undervalued property near the city by some freak of nature, buy it, but they are rare as hens teeth. Make sure you stay away from Serviced apartments and Student accommodation though.

Possibly buying something commercial could be a goer with your sizable deposit rather than residental, but I am no expert on commercial property. Sorry.
Otherwise, head interstate like the rest of us. :)

JH

you really have no idea what you are doing .

so some where has jumped 43 % and now you want someone to buy there .

Seriously

WTF !!

Cliff

That's what I thought too, why buy in areas where such substantial growth just occurred. What's wrong with the people that think that way????

Back