Sleeping Capital or next IP ?

W

WebBoard

My wife would like to put in a new kitchen in our un-renovated 1970’s house. Do you think it would be worthwhile renovating our own house and maybe realise some of our sleeping capital through improvements to our house? Or should we look at getting our next IP or two, as our home has leapt considerable in value over the last 6 months as well as our first pair of duplexes(IP).
"Opportunities are often lost because they are not recognized."
Mr Roarke from Fantasy Island

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi there,

you need to balance out life-style with wealth... if I was in your shoes I would renovate the kitchen & like you said, probably look at re-valuing the home later to utilise the capital gain you achieve to invest in your next IP (if you do a good job, the capital gain can be substantially more than your capital outlay)...

Cheers,

Manny.

Reply: 1.1

I often groan at the pithy little aphorisms people put under their signatures on this forum but I think we've hit an all time high on the groan-o-meter here.

Mr Roarke from Fantasy Island !!! Wasn't it he who said "I think therefore I am"? :)

Cheers,
Pete

"De plane, de plane"

Reply: 1.1.1

My aphids certainly do not like having the pith taken out of them.

sim.gif

"A life lived by cliches is a life lived in ignorance" - Simon Hampel

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1

LOL .... Sim I don't know where you come up with this stuff, but I'm worried that your exit from the rat race may have in fact manifested a monster!!!!

Johnny P

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Ahh... maybe that's what my problem is... my mind has left the rat race and left me holding the cheese. *sigh*

sim.gif

"My mind wandered down to the coffee shop and I can't convince it to come back" - Sim' Hampel.

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

So long as the cheese does not come with trap attached you'll be OK.

Michael Croft

Back