Sliding gate recommendations Brisbane?

We have a sliding gate which is playing up. Callout of about $160 and $40 per 15 minute block means we are likely to be spending minimum $200 and possibly considerably more depending on what is wrong.

Can anybody recommend a sliding gate company in Brisbane.

I think rather than spend any more money on such an old motor, we will go new.

All good. I phoned the company who did the last motor and they want close to $1,600 for a new one. I made a second call and his price is about $950.

I called a "supply only" company and I can get a motor that we will fit for $650 + GST so by the time we fiddle about and pay our sparkie to swap it over, we will go with the $950 chap and have him fit it.

He guessed who the high price came from and I asked how he guessed. He said this particular company seems to be trying to move from domestic into commercial and perhaps they are pricing themselves out of the domestic market. They certainly have priced themselves out of my business.

Was the company "Magic Door Industries"? They quoted me a similar amount for a motor about 15 months ago.

http://www.mdiqld.com.au/

But instead I got their technician to come in and even though he spent more time than thought, he only charged me the $200. I think it really depends on who you get!

Back