Smartphones

One big fail for android is that it doesn't have an Australian keyboard. Either you accept US spelling and get the $ sign, or you opt for English spelling and get the ? sign. While you can hold down on the ? key to get the $ sign, it's a nuisance. iPhone 3 got it right, I don't know why android has ignored this issue at least up to now. Judging by the android forums, I'm not alone in finding this frustrating.

Something else to remember - the better the phone, the bigger the target you are. That's why I got the cheapest fully featured smartphone I could find.

Wifi availability is certainly not a big issue in Central America and Colombia. It only appears to be an issue in richer countries where perhaps private Internet access is available, removing the need for good public access. I imagine it's not a problem in many other countries as well.

One big fail for android is that it doesn't have an Australian keyboard. .

I have a keyboard app that I use on all my phones which is Swiftkey - can install an Australian language keyboard and I think it's much more user friendly than the UI keyboards. Started using it about 2 or 3 years ago and have sporadically gone back to default keyboard as I've upgraded but haven't found one I like as much.

One big fail for android is that it doesn't have an Australian keyboard.

I have a keyboard app that I use on all my phones which is Swiftkey

yep, there's a bunch of decent keyboards available as a replacement. If anything this is a plus, you can get one that suits you individually, regardless of what phone you have. And if you change from LG to motorolla to HTC or whatever android, you can still install your favourite keyboard, and don't have to adjust to the one provided by the manufacturer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adgad.kboard&hl=en

Back