Smelly housemate

Hey I'm asking for serious advice... no jokes.

Background: I'm renting on a per room basis.

3 people in 3 rooms. New housemate smells revolting, pure putrid. The guy only moved in recently. He doesn't close his door. can smell it in the living room.

Other housemates threatening to move out.

He does truly smell bad. so keeping him will make renting out other rooms impossible.

Plus he has using other housemates cooking ingredients and drinks without asking in front of them and when no one is watching.

Question to all the PMs... what's the best nicest way to evict this guy?:confused: It's close to exams and no one wants to move. Should I say other housemates complained you have to move out.

or give no reason. and ask him to move out? or fake it and say need to renovate sorry have to move out?

What would you do? written? or tell him face to face?

Go straight to the point...... "hey mate, you stink and you are a thief, get your stuff and get the hell out, now"

omg... what a situation. Smell is a funny thing, he will be blissfully unaware and who's gonna be the one to break to him? You are that's who.

I was in a shop last night and person behind me had terrible BO. I was so peeved thinking why should I put up with this that I wanted to tell them to go have a shower, but just couldn't do it. let myself down.

omg... what a situation. Smell is a funny thing, he will be blissfully unaware and who's gonna be the one to break to him? You are that's who.

I was in a shop last night and person behind me had terrible BO. I was so peeved thinking why should I put up with this that I wanted to tell them to go have a shower, but just couldn't do it. let myself down.

Other housemates say he showers twice a day. but yeah i think he doesn't wash his feet or use soap or his clothes and that's what's stinking up the place.

:( i think he moved to my IP from previous people who must have asked him to move out as well.

Is there any rules against discrimination? for smelling bad?

Other housemates say he showers twice a day. but yeah i think he doesn't wash his feet or use soap or his clothes and that's what's stinking up the place.

:( i think he moved to my IP from previous people who must have asked him to move out as well.

Is there any rules against discrimination? for smelling bad?

Have a word to the guy, say that others have complained.
You have to give the person the benefit of the doubt that they are unaware and they may be able to improve it without having to ruin your relationship with the tenant.

If all that is too much for you, then hire a PM to do the hard yards for you.

Have a word to the guy, say that others have complained.
You have to give the person the benefit of the doubt that they are unaware and they may be able to improve it without having to ruin your relationship with the tenant.

If all that is too much for you, then hire a PM to do the hard yards for you.

What if I don't want him to stay... Not salvageable.

It's easier to move a mountain than to change someone's behaviour they say..

I don't think i'm in a position to tell a grown young man how to behaviour and hygiene and how live his life. He's the type that's not very open and prepared to accept feedback or guidance...

So why don't you just tell him to f-off then? Why bother making a thread on here to begin with?
You're looking for a nice way to evict the guy because you're gutless.
Why not send him a SMS :p

So why don't you just tell him to f-off then? Why bother making a thread on here to begin with?
You're looking for a nice way to evict the guy because you're gutless.
Why not send him a SMS :p

I make a thread because my threads are interesting.

I am a gutless wonder but I'm just asking for feedback and sharing it.

Theory states if more people make a decision it decreases the chances of a mistake being made.

:(

Break up via text...

This fella knows he stinks. I've worked with stinkies. They either don't wash themselves or their clothes. Sometimes it's their shoes.

When they walk past you their odour follows from about 2 metres behind.

Just tell him. Stinkies understand the predicament they're in. They have been copping it all their life. He'll understand it's time to move on.....onto another place where hopefully the hosts are too nice to say anything.

This fella knows he stinks. I've worked with stinkies. They either don't wash themselves or their clothes. Sometimes it's their shoes.

Just tell him. Stinkies understand the predicament they're in. They have been copping it all their life. He'll understand it's time to move on.....onto another place where hopefully the hosts are too nice to say anything.

Thanks for the advice.

Fully lucky i don't live there... but yeah... the smell... i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. He closes the window and opens his room door so the smell can only go one way... :eek:

you are one funny ****er Datto. :D

Forget the stinky part. Just tell him to move along because there's been complaints of him using other people's stuff.

He may have a medical condition if he showers 2x a day but still causes olfactory distress. Could be discrimination. Go him on the theft bit.

Back in my Uni house sharing days I shared a house (sort of, I had the GF, so all we shared was the laundry) with a kind of stinky. I explained that the bit at the top was where you put fabric softener, not laundry powder - after a few times I gave up trying to tell a grown man how to use a washing machine.

So his clothes would only get powder on them during the final stages leaving them not properly washed and with a high amount of washing powder on them. One of the girls in our Uni 'gang' commented that 'stinky' smells of BO, but somehow clean at the same time. I had a little chuckle.

I'd say removal and replacement of a housemate is a Div 40 and must be depreciated 2.5% over 40 years and not an immediate deduction.

You will need to update your schedule when you write him off your books.

pinkboy

Back