Smelly housemate

I'd say removal and replacement of a housemate is a Div 40 and must be depreciated 2.5% over 40 years and not an immediate deduction.

You will need to update your schedule when you write him off your books.

pinkboy

Does his BO come under the $20k threshold? If so, you can deduct the full amount this financial year.

This fella knows he stinks. I've worked with stinkies. They either don't wash themselves or their clothes. Sometimes it's their shoes.

When they walk past you their odour follows from about 2 metres behind.

Just tell him. Stinkies understand the predicament they're in. They have been copping it all their life. He'll understand it's time to move on.....onto another place where hopefully the hosts are too nice to say anything.

I know the type. Bong-water breath, socks so dirty he wears his shoes sock-less, unwashed T-shirts, etc. etc. Could be lactose intolerant or something, too.
Try being kind fullylucky. Be honest and tell him that in order to live with others he is required to wash his clothes and bedsheets regularly, wear deodorant and have 1 shower daily.
Also, he has his own shelf in the fridge, please keep to that and not to take anyone else's food.
Probably never been told before and would appreciate some honesty.
As for you, if you're going to make a thread about someone, you need to read and think about the feedback.

I know the type. Bong-water breath, socks so dirty he wears his shoes sock-less, unwashed T-shirts, etc. etc. Could be lactose intolerant or something, too.
Try being kind fullylucky. Be honest and tell him that in order to live with others he is required to wash his clothes and bedsheets regularly, wear deodorant and have 1 shower daily.
Also, he has his own shelf in the fridge, please keep to that and not to take anyone else's food.
As for you, if you're going to make a thread about someone, you need to read and think about the feedback.

Thanks for the advice. I do read and think about all feedback.

Anyways here is the outcome if anyone is interested keep reading:

THanks WattleIdo and Jamie_ your thoughts were the most useful.

I had a private chat with him and talked to him about respecting other housemates and smell. It was a difficult conversation but turned out good. When I messaged him and said I wanna talk he thought I was gonna ask him to move out. It was really upsetting... There is a spare bedroom downstairs a much larger room so I asked if he wanted to move downtairs instead and he agreed.

I explained to him you need to be nice to other housemates, how would you like it if other people used your things? even thought today it's beneficial use other people's things but in the long term other housemates will do bad things to you back, people are like mirrors. Moreover if other bad things happen in the future they might blame you even if it's not your fault. :p

Happy Ending, everyone's happy. The upstairs room got rented out because other housemate referral and got his friend to move in.

Great that you found a solution.

For future reference, the techniques I would have employed include, but not limited to:

You could tell him that you have a relo that needs to move in

Or that you've received complaints about noise in the house from neighbours, and want to reduce the number of people in the house at any one time

Or that you want to undertake renovations, so systematically removing tenants

Or that you want to sell the house in near future, so systematically terminating leases.

Great that you found a solution.

For future reference, the techniques I would have employed include, but not limited to:

You could tell him that you have a relo that needs to move in

Or that you've received complaints about noise in the house from neighbours, and want to reduce the number of people in the house at any one time

Or that you want to undertake renovations, so systematically removing tenants

Or that you want to sell the house in near future, so systematically terminating leases.

Those are good ideas too. I'll write them down for next time.

But in this case it wouldn't make sense because he only lived there for 2-3 weeks.

My ex came up with the most evil idea that probably wouldn't work.
Said: increase rent and be a bad landlord to him, have daily inspections. But I said what if he accepts the new rent, gain $10 but lose $300 in other tenants moving out. Doesn't solve the problem.

Anyways everything worked out ok. :D

Anyways here is the outcome if anyone is interested keep reading:

THanks WattleIdo and Jamie_ your thoughts were the most useful.

I had a private chat with him and talked to him about respecting other housemates and smell. It was a difficult conversation but turned out good. When I messaged him and said I wanna talk he thought I was gonna ask him to move out. It was really upsetting... There is a spare bedroom downstairs a much larger room so I asked if he wanted to move downtairs instead and he agreed.

I explained to him you need to be nice to other housemates, how would you like it if other people used your things? even thought today it's beneficial use other people's things but in the long term other housemates will do bad things to you back, people are like mirrors. Moreover if other bad things happen in the future they might blame you even if it's not your fault. :p

Happy Ending, everyone's happy. The upstairs room got rented out because other housemate referral and got his friend to move in.

Wow! A very good outcome. He's your friend for life. Well done, fullylucky! :)

Back