So what does everyone here do for a living?

I work in advertising for my day job. I really like it (despite people loathing us 'Mad Men'). But unless you are a CEO, the long hours and stress involved really don't make it a longevity-seeking career choice IMHO. Hence, building a portfolio here to enable a tranition out of advertising (when my bones get too old and sore for it).

Plus, in advertising/media you rarely are allowed to take more than a couple weeks off at a time, making international travel hard.

Golf is not.
Golf actually is; it's approx 7k's or more of walking, swinging a club violently at least 60 times which uses a large number of muscles (the rest is putting and chipping - not much energy used in those shots) and pulling a buggy with a set of golf clubs on it, or carrying the golf bag....

And; provided you walk at a decent clip - unlike most golfers who wander along at half pace, and/or ride in motorised carts.

On the topic of what do you do?...

I was a Golf Pro (teaching and Proshop business mostly) for almost 30 years, played professionally for much of that time in short bursts - and not very well.

Now; own and run a Tyres and Automotive Repair business for last 5.5 years.

Management consulting by day, and basketball card collector by night.
I'm saving up for this
http://m.ebay.com/itm/301635322601?nav=SEARCH

I need to own the original dream team cards...magic, bird, the Admiral etc.
I remember back in the day, the knicks tickets were the bomb. Most wall St ******s, I mean bankers, would pay a ransom to get front row seats at Madison sq garden.

Stay at home dad. 3 year old and 6 month old. Its good cause you know the only Dick head you work with is yourself! The wife is doing a bang up job for the 2 of us catching babies around the country!
Previous life... That I guess I'll return to one day. Project engineer/project manager waste water infrastructure construction,pipelines, pipe rehab

Last edited:
I watch video recordings and read some books and then write some stuff in Microsoft Word (uni student studying off campus) and by mid 2016 I will have a degree or so they tell me.:confused:

Golf is not.

You obviously haven't played 36 holes in one day. Very demanding on the body. Know of a few golfers who are unable to play due to injury. One can't play because he puts his back and neck under that much pressure when he swings that he's doing damage, he's now a professional angler (yup catching big fish all day is alright for him, but not swinging a club)... Mind you he hits 300m+ He has driven every par 4 at the course I play at.

You obviously haven't played 36 holes in one day. Very demanding on the body. Know of a few golfers who are unable to play due to injury. One can't play because he puts his back and neck under that much pressure when he swings that he's doing damage, he's now a professional angler (yup catching big fish all day is alright for him, but not swinging a club)... Mind you he hits 300m+ He has driven every par 4 at the course I play at.
When I was a Trainee Golf Pro, my best friend and I played 72 holes - 4 different courses - in one day!!

We started at Portsea Golf Club, then went to Sorrento Golf Club, then on to Cape Schank Golf Club, and finally to Rosebud Country Club.

All courses are a few mins drive from each other.

Walking and pulling buggies.

You guessed it - we were totally stuffed by the end, but what a great day.

Back