Soakwell sitework cost WA

I don't think we can argue about the size because it's designed to meet council requirement.

Council only specify total volume via litres per m2 of roof. If you want to use 1500D ones it won't be a problem as long as you have room to get them in.

I remember there was a big jump over 1500D particularly for trafficable lids.

Hi chibs. So im looking at developing my property in thornlie and have had two quote for the storm water disposal which have come in at 9k and 9.5k, now just yesterday I sat with another builder whos quote for the exact same thing came in at 30k!? How is this even possible to have such a major difference between quotes?

Hi chibs. So im looking at developing my property in thornlie and have had two quote for the storm water disposal which have come in at 9k and 9.5k, now just yesterday I sat with another builder whos quote for the exact same thing came in at 30k!? How is this even possible to have such a major difference between quotes?

Greed.

Let the other builder know of the other quotes and to reprice and see what they come back with.

In our pre contract, builder has a provisional sum of $6500. Now I've just received the building contract, but the price is now $11500(no longer listed as provisional). This is for 4 1800x1200.
Hi chibs

I know I am late to the party on this one, but answering for future reference. The provisional sum is not a quote, it is a best estimate based on previous jobs in the area. You can consider it an 'educated guess'. For example, with the house behind in Cloverdale, the provisional sum for site works and services is $80k.

Under HIA contract, is builder allowed to change the sum between pre contract and actual contract ?
For any amount listed as 'provisional sum', yes.

This work is not yet carried out, am I allowed to call an external contractor to do the soakwell installation? Got a couple of quotes, it seems like we can do it cheaper without going through builder. What are the implications if we choose to do it this way (and if the builder allows) ?
As far as I am concerned, yes. I would be pushing very hard for this. Of course the contractor would need to be appropriately licensed. For stormwater, the builder may even want an engineers report that the work has been done to standard. At a guess, the reason why the builder may be reluctant to let you contract out the soak wells is that the builder has to cover the building warranty and might be worried if the soakwells are not installed correctly then damage occurs from over filling the builder will be liable. Seems a bit loose to me. I will talk to my builder and see if I can shed any light on this.

Thanks for your post by the way. I haven't signed the contract yet so it is something I will keep an eye out for.

Greed.

Let the other builder know of the other quotes and to reprice and see what they come back with.

Hi HD,

I did show him what the others had quoted me and he just said that they were deliberately under quoting me and would be hit with the actual cost after signing contracts. I may ad that this particular builders total site works to prepare 2 lots is around 88k (not including subdivision western power or water corp headworks fees). This is over 40k more expensive than other quotes that included all those things, is this builder having me on?

Any retaining walls or clay soils?

Is it a large builder starting with G?

Hi HD,

I did show him what the others had quoted me and he just said that they were deliberately under quoting me and would be hit with the actual cost after signing contracts. I may ad that this particular builders total site works to prepare 2 lots is around 88k (not including subdivision western power or water corp headworks fees). This is over 40k more expensive than other quotes that included all those things, is this builder having me on?

What size are your blocks ?

Do you have a lot of vegetation / trees on them ?

What is your soil classification ?

Do you need bulk earthworks (export bad & import clean class A sand) ?

What size are your blocks ?

Do you have a lot of vegetation / trees on them ?

What is your soil classification ?

Do you need bulk earthworks (export bad & import clean class A sand) ?

The blocks are roughly 377m2 each, soil class A footing detail A. My surveyor says my block is perfect to build on and that this builder is totally over engineering the pad and earthworks that is needed.

IF its just getting the block stripped and compacted I wouldn't pay anymore than around $12m2, tell you builder to exclude earthworks and get some quotes ?

If it's the same company I'm thinking (ends in L) then I was completely screwed and walked away from a 8k deposit then sold the site. So many lies upon lies and delays. I can't remember if you got more quotes but expect the bs to continue

If it's the same company I'm thinking (ends in L) then I was completely screwed and walked away from a 8k deposit then sold the site. So many lies upon lies and delays. I can't remember if you got more quotes but expect the bs to continue

Yeh Tano its the same company. I did read alot of reviews about them with people saying similar things to what you have!!

Back