Softening a hard paintbrush

Was cleaning out the shed and found a couple of dried out acrylic paintbrushes. Decided to try the boiling-in-vinegar trick found on the internet to see if they could be rescued.

After placing in boiling vinegar for 5 minutes .. hey presto!

- One softened completely and could be fully recovered with washing afterwards in warm soapy water using a kitchen scourer,

-The other still completely stuffed and is now in the bin.

But it's worth a try if you have some vinegar and are desperate! :)

This is really disgusting, but..

I poured white vinegar in a very stained toilet, left it overnight, and cleaned it with a brush....

almost good as new...

I was looking at replacing the toilet, it hadn't been cleaned.

They had that 'bloo loo' stuff hiding all sins

I hope this helps

:eek:

+1 for taking the stains out of toilets. Where the water stains the bowl its great...Straight white vinegar, leave overnight and its clean

I had tried all the toilet products but heard this tip on the radio, tried it and now I always take a large container of white vinegar when I go to clean up rentals when the tenants move out.

Chris

Didn't know about the loo thing, thanks for the tip! Just been reading about mould (tenants complaining again) and learnt that its vinegar that kills it, not bleach (which just whitens it apparently).

So yes it seems vinegar certainly has lots of uses, especially when dealing with dodgy old rental renos! :D

Back