software update

W

WebBoard

Hi,

I just downloaded the update for PIAFPU and it doesn't appear to have changed the version on my software.

The new version is 7.011 but after installing it the version still displays 7.005 on startup and V7.0 edtn 05 under "about PIA"

Also just prior to installing it a message appears warning that it is a demo version and will require registration.

My copy is already registered.

Am I doing something wrong?

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

To update your PIA software with a maintenance edition you need to ensure the following takes place:
1. That you already have the correct version installed (PIAFpu version 7.0 in this case).
2. That the current program is closed when you want to perform the update.
3. That you extract (unzip) the compressed files in the maintenance edition to the correct folder so that the current files are overwritten. By default, this would be the folder "C:\Program Files\Somerset\PIAFpu" in this case. If the original and the update are inadvertently installed in different folders, you will have two copies of the software (the original will not have been updated and the update will only run in demo mode as you have found). Moving the updated files to the original folder will solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back