Software

What dedicated property software do the more experienced investors on Somersoft use to manage their portfolios?

I have numerous investment properties (including ones under construction) and am struggling with an ad hoc approach (MS Excel is also a pain).

Thanks in advance.
Al

What dedicated property software do the more experienced investors on Somersoft use to manage their portfolios?

I have numerous investment properties (including ones under construction) and am struggling with an ad hoc approach (MS Excel is also a pain).

Thanks in advance.
Al

What purpose? There are a couple of different tasks to do with software/excel:
1. Analysing purchasing/deals.
2. Tracking portfolio (values/debts/growth/cashflow)
3. Long term/Retirement planning
4. Financial year income/expenses in tax categories
5. Budget

For 1. PIA is good but I still use a simple spreadsheet to make it quick and easy.
For 2, 3, 4 Excel for sure.
For 5. YNAB is best: http://www.youneedabudget.com/

I'm actually starting to use YNAB to track assets/liabilities now as well, they can be recorded as off-budget accounts, and capital gains can be recorded as balance adjustments against the asset accounts every time you get a valuation. The reporting is limited but the interface for maintaining the data is really nice, then to report I just export to Excel.

Have used Quicken/Reckon before, but it's a PAIN. YNAB+Excel is the way to go for me, with occasional use of PIA.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I've got an Excel spreadsheet that I have modified which covers my investment and construction projects. I will refine it further before posting up so others may also use it.

Back